List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the end of gogo bars in Daynite??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

the end of gogo bars in Daynite??

Stopping by Lek's Boy Bar in DayNight the other night , I noticed it had less than half of its usual number of dancers. Some friends have said that the financial backers have pulled the plug and Leks is on a downward spiral..With Fantasy closed and Butterfly dropping gogo, it may be the end of gogo boy bars in DayNight.. Apparently Lek has dropped out of sight..
    I hope the above is just more rumors and hearsay but if the staff don't get paid they don't stay.. Anyone with more info or who can clarify would be appreciated..My apologies in advance to LMBY if this is old news..

Liked
    I visited Lek's Bar last summer and it was one of my favorite bars. Then came the incident with the Japanese gay tourist and everything seems to have changed. Repercussions caused many of the old dancers and staff to go elsewhere. There were only 8-9 boys on-site about a week ago. So naturally when things start going south the prices were raised to 120 baht.

Liked

Lek's

The murder had nothing to do with Lek's current status. However, I have been informed that in the next few weeks we should see a significant improvement there -- getting back to the good 'ol times, and that Lek himself will be returning any day.

Don't write them off just yet...

-Chris

I am sorry

DELETED

Forum's veteran
    Liked

you must be wearing dark glasses....

Really JB, you exaggerate..DayNight is vibrant and pulsing..Lots and lots of good places to eat, and to live..It was dead a few years ago but try and buy a shop house now in DayNight and you will see how dead it is..Now if you mean the gay scene, especially go-go bars then I would agree with you but Sunee has seemed quiet especially with the police around so much and the underage or undocumented fleeing into the streets with every raid rumor..Last nite Sunee was a ghost town and you could count the boys on one hand working in the go-gos..Unfortunately, the demand for underage remains too strong for the owners to ignore and supply has a way of meeting demand..
    Even Boyz boyz boyz in Boyztown, was deserted last night at prime time..A few Asian ladies scattered around and no farangs at all...Empty rows of seats everywhere..First time I have seen that and it looked like at least 50 or 60 boys working..Maybe something to do with Chinese New Year??

Day- Night

I've never visited the go-go bars in this area but I was pleasantly surprised by the improvements to the general environment when I enjoyed three rather good dinners in three different restaurants during my recent visit to Pattaya. I noted not only the new-predominantly gay- businesses that have recently opened but also the refurbishment of other buildings in the area. Problems relating to the declining popularity of go-go seem to be widespread throughout the gay scene in Thailand, not just confined to Day-Night.

Liked
    For this area to thrive as gay area it will need an anchor business. People will not come for restaurants alone. Hopefully Lek will get his act together and revive his bar. Why he let it suffer through the high season like it is I don't understand. The new french cuisine Ole now has furniture and linens and the opening looks immanent.

I sure hope Day/night and Sunnee can pick things up again, as last year the places looked real nice when i was there.

Day night is now changing and theres newer places popping up.
    I especially liked the Red something bar with all its thai artwork inside.For those who say the seats are small sit on the lounge.
    Niddys is another to open and even though the owner had some teething problems i still think its great its opened up in this area.The other cafes such as Papa Davids in Day night are old hat and worn out.If niddys can move in and perhaps take the breakfast crowd as well ,all the better.
    There was a small cnr restaurant next to Howards in Sunee that had just opened last Sept,can anyone tell me if its still there.

Liked

Sunee Restaurant

I think you are speaking about In Touch Cafe. Unfortunately, it has closed its doors and gone out of business. Haven't seen any sign of new owners as of yet...

-Chris