Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Why no gogo bars at ko phi phi?

Liked: 1

Why no gogo bars at ko phi phi?

yeah why not? it's I think the most relaxed and beautiful place on earth , I've been there with the pervert one(str8 friend) for 4 days, first day I spend on the beach for about 4 hours and took a chair , finally after two hours someone woke up and collected the money for it , not one single vendor seen that day, and in the evening I was more stoned than I ever was in Amsterdam at one of the cool bars called stones bar, what's in a name :bis:
    OK , I go answer my own question , maybe there are no gogo bars at ko phi phi because I felt very old there at my age 46 , everyone is so very damn young there , I mean the tourists , but maybe we can change that , if all the members of this board unite and book let say a weekend trip to the islands at the same time, some local Thai must see the light and realize that there is demand for a kind of Boyz Town on Ko phi phi, good idea? The idea is not totally without self interest , because I was bored to dead after day 2.

Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Re: Why no gogo bars at ko phi phi?

I for one am very happy that there are no such bars there, gay or straight. Its the last thing PhiPhi needs.

Yes..i agree...its nice to see the real Thailand somtimes get away from all the so called gay sceans..last christmas went to Samoui ..only small gay scean there but did'nt miss it and next christmas ...Krabi....no scean there ..again wont miss it
    and my fave place ..the villages in Isaan around Udon....its good to go to Pattaya and Bkk but its nice to have a break from them too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Why have anything on Koh Phi Phi island???? I remember going there in ...1982 due to its beauty. Not one building was on the island. Now it is ugly. Wish the tsunami had wiped everything off the island. Trouble with Thailand.... a natural piece of beauty, a coral reef, or small island ends up having tourist hotels built right upon it. They need to look at Australia to know what to do with special places with natural beauty. (don't ruin it with buildings ) :8(

Liked

Go-go bars are one of the results of over-development of popular tourist spots and, as has often been observed here, are becoming passe.
    I was in Chiang Rai a few weeks ago (probably my favourite place in Thailand) and the remnants of the gay scene which I had noted ten years ago had disappeared. Not only that; behind the Wangcome Hotel there used to be a small group of girlie bars. They are gone too.

Jetsam is correct; as the ages of visitors gets lower, or more Asian,, the go-go bars go out of business.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

right you are oliver-not the wrong way your label says.
    I really do not understand (unless this is another troll or dumbo) why jetsam cannot think of that himself. Also being ''stoned'' etc often does not go to well together with gayness.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    right you are oliver-not the wrong way your label says.
    I really do not understand (unless this is another troll or dumbo) why jetsam cannot think of that himself. Also being ''stoned'' etc often does not go to well together with gayness.
    stoned does not go well with heteroness eather I think, and of course it was just some misplaced joke , ko phi phi is unique and I hope there will never be a gogo scene there. We booked some sea fish trip for one day and the lady from the booking agency showed us some photo's from just 20 years ago when the islands where not yet discovered by the tourists, but I'm afraid someday there will be an airport and it will be a mainstream destination for folks like us.
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)