Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pour House new bar Jomtien Complex

Liked

Pour House new bar Jomtien Complex

I noticed that details of the new bar Pour House was posted to GT,GBT and TT but not here.
    For those who appreciate reading something more positive than the pissing contests between you know who here, here is the full post by Ganymeade-Jomtien.
    [attachment=0:29hlryfn]pourhouse_5.jpg[/attachment:29hlryfn]

Just for beachlover, this was cut and pasted and pics downloaded from GT.

Jomtien Complex welcomed it's newest Bar on Saturday, April 23 - The Pour House. Located across the street from Ganymede Bar & Residence, The Pour House promises to be a great new watering hole for ex-pats and visitors alike.

While the Pour House is a Gay Bar, it is not a "Boy Bar". Think of it more as a place where you can meet up with friends, or even take your Boyfriend to, without feeling pressured into buying the staff "boy drinks".

While the official Grand Opening Party is still weeks away, The Pour House is open for business with a friendly, smiling staff, good drink prices, a large 50" TV above the bar, Pool Table, Popcorn Machine, Electronic Dart Board and comfortable seating. The Bar Opens daily from 5pm.

In the coming days, the Terrace Bar will open, a stage for shows will be built and regular events nights will be announced.

The Long Bar is proving to be a very popular spot to "belly up" as is the newly built community table in the room's center. The decor is Green & Gold with beautiful wood ceiling and trim work. While not air conditioned, the numerous ceiling fans kept the place quite comfortable even on a hot, muggy April night.

The Drink menu currently is basic - Beer (Draft & Bottle), House Red & White Wine, Mixed Drinks and soft drinks - this is not a Martini Bar and doesn't pretend to be. Happy Hour Specials on Draft Beer (By the glass or Pitcher) are available from 5pm - 8pm daily. Of course, the Popcorn is free!!

While other areas have seen a downturn it business (and closings), Jomtien Complex has seen a resurgence of late with quite a number of new establishments opening in the past few months (Spilia Karaoke, Themae Sauna, QM Bar, Pattaya Hotmale, Pour House). Even more gay owned businesses are opening soon.

The great thing about Jomtien Complex is that it offers you not only a very diverse Bar scene -, you can find a variety of great places to eat, accommodations (at reasonable prices) and it's only a five minute walk from the world famous Gay Beach.

So the next time you are in Jomtien Beach, take a stroll down to "The Pour House" in Jomtien Complex, you'll find it will be a "rich" experience.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Pour House new bar Jomtien Complex

Looking at the photo's I have to say it would be more appropriate if the name of the bar was spelt:

"Poor House"

Fortunately most of us have got better things to do with our lives than visit a bar in a run down Jomtien Ghetto which appears to attract the lowest level of farang losers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    Looking at the photo's I have to say it would be more appropriate if the name of the bar was spelt:

"Poor House"

Fortunately most of us have got better things to do with our lives than visit a bar in a run down Jomtien Ghetto which appears to attract the lowest level of farang losers.

Not that I'm a great bar go-er, but what bars WOULD you recommend then?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat

While the official Grand Opening Party is still weeks away, The Pour House is open for business with a friendly, smiling staff, good drink prices, a large 50" TV above the bar, Pool Table, Popcorn Machine, Electronic Dart Board and comfortable seating. The Bar Opens daily from 5pm.

In the coming days, the Terrace Bar will open, a stage for shows will be built and regular events nights will be announced.

The Drink menu currently is basic - Beer (Draft & Bottle), House Red & White Wine, Mixed Drinks and soft drinks
    this is not a Martini Bar and doesn't pretend to be. Happy Hour Specials on Draft Beer (By the glass or Pitcher) are available from 5pm - 8pm daily. Of course, the Popcorn is free!!

Fo fuck sake, it has just opened and it will be weeks before official opening.

Just enough time for fuckwits to get in and try and force it out of business, before it is up and running.

Zinzone have you been down to see for yourself or are you spitting bile from overseas

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    this was cut and pasted and pics downloaded from GT.
    Thanks for the 'heads up', this is the type of info i keep in touch with the forums for. Haven't visited Jomtien for quite a few of the most recent Thaiand trips, it's maybe worth a look round on the next one. On previous visits although it was quiet, many of staff in the bars were very nice, both in attitude and attractivness. It's just probably been just down laziness for me to bother with baht buses there and back when everything else is an easy walk from Day/night area.

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    Looking at the photo's I have to say it would be more appropriate if the name of the bar was spelt: "Poor House" Fortunately most of us have got better things to do with our lives than visit a bar in a run down Jomtien Ghetto which appears to attract the lowest level of farang losers.
    I'm not exactly sure what the motive would be for a poster to criticise a bar he hasn't been to, an area he obviously does not like and so would never visit and therefore have no experience whatsoever about the area to call on, and then insult any potential farang customers who might want to go there. Apart from the arrogance, pompousness and ignorance of the poster, I can't think what would cause a muttonheaded response like that.

Quote Originally Posted by witchhunt
    Just enough time for fuckwits to get in and try and force it out of business, before it is up and running.
    Low-and-behold the first fuckwit appearance.........in the guise of zinzone.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan
    this is the type of info i keep in touch with the forums for. Haven't visited Jomtien for quite a few of the most recent Thaiand trips, it's maybe worth a look round on the next one. On previous visits although it was quiet, many of staff in the bars were very nice, both in attitude and attractivness. It's just probably been just down laziness for me to bother with baht buses there and back when everything else is an easy walk from Day/night area.

I have been wondering since that was first posted , is this the old Pagoda site. I have only had 3 meals in that soi. The first was a stone grill which I really enjoyed. the second I cannot remember the name and Pagoda. Opposite Ganymedes, the pics do not help my recall. The one thing that is highlighted for me is that there is excellent dining in Jomtien and Jomtien Complex, that gets little publicity on the gay forums. I wonder how many visiting the Venue know of that little soi? Makes a great night , good dining plus the show at Venue.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Best of Luck to Pour House.Hope you do well.Ignore the adverse comments.See you soon...

Liked

Come on guys, take a look at the pictures. The bar looks 3rd rate!

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

It's just a reinvention of the public bar in hotels in most Commonwealth countries but for gay men and women. I think it's a great idea. Keeping the overheads low means you can meet up with your friends for a drink without the frills and the prices will be reflective of that.

The wit that came up with name is quite clever, although the graphics leave a lot to be desired.

A bloody good idea IMHO.

Cheers
    Krobbie

Liked

zinzone:
    "Fortunately most of us have got better things to do with our lives than visit a bar in a run down Jomtien Ghetto which appears to attract the lowest level of farang losers."

Hmm, how do you know if it will attract the lowest levels of farang losers.
    I think it is a great idee to open a no frill watering hole, not go-go and maybe without host.
    From the pics, It looks like lokal bars are seen all around Thailand.

I am shit tired of gogo and host bars and it is not easy to find in Boyztown and Sunnee, it could infact be the new idee, to impact both the areas.

I will sure visit it on my next visit to Pattaya and see from myself, than to post negative commends, before knowng how it will bee in the future.

And I ask for succes to anyone who try to start something new.