Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW Le Tan Jong House-Paradise Complex - Patong/Phuket

Liked

NEW Le Tan Jong House-Paradise Complex - Patong/Phuket

Hello Sawatdee Friends,

:cheers: Just a short note to share the name of a new guest house hotel now open in Patong Beach - Phuket. My bf and I are staying here for two nights - and from what we have already experienced - I am pleased to recommend it to you. The management is very hospitable and gay owned and managed....(I am still trying to find out the relationships of the Thais and Farangs I have seen at the new hotel - the Thai which took our luggage to our room is very, very handsome :-)..

(A followup - I have asked and the handsome Thai which took our luggage to the room - his name "A"...he is on the Staff - not bf with owner...and he has a wonderful smile!)

The name of the guest house hotel is " Le Tan Jong House" and is located on the entrance soi to the Royal Paridise Hotel Complex...143/6 Entrance of Royal Paridise Complex, Rat-U-Thid Rd, Patong Beach , A.Kathu Phuket 83150
    e-mail: letanjong@yahoo.com
    Mobile: 66-(0)9-8960467
    Tel: 0066(0) 76-293071
    Tanit Pinsirodom, Owner Manager.

This is "low season" are we are paying 500 baht for a new room with Queen size bed (very comfortable I might add), air conditioning, tv with many, many cable channels (not just a few), mini-bar fridge, nice dressing table/desk and chair, two night stands with lamps, large wardrobe cabinet and a safe, thai shower and toilet.

There are "6" rooms and all are same-same...comfortable, clean and new ...just opened! The rate sheet shows varied rates according to season...but with low season - the management is offering rooms at 500 baht..just ask!

My bf and I were in Phuket to attend a wedding of farang and thai friends...and we decided we would like to stay in Patong a few of the nights - so my Thai bf quickly found this new hotel and when we looked at the rooms it reminded us of Howards Hotel in Pattaya....clean rooms with basic amenities and good, hospitable management. No bar of waiters - boys...but many bars, clubs and all you could ask for are just a few short steps away from the hotel entrance.

Enjoyed the Patong beach yesterday afternoon - 50 baht for a deck chair with foam cushion pad and umbrella. Diet Cokes 20 baht...fair and reasonable prices. The beach is very nice with waves breaking of about 4 feet to 6 feet in height....making for good body surfing for my bf. Take care and try not to walk on the jellyfish..there are many. It was good fun to watch my Thai bf first go to the waters edge...dip hip feet into the surf...then draw back as he saw the jellyfish...He stood alongside me at the lounge chair for several moments as he got up the courage to wade in following other Thais and Farangs in the surf...He finally did so and had much fun for several hours of body surfing.

Please pay good attention to the red flags placed along the beach which are warnings of undertow riptide - it shows areas of unsafe surfing and beach. Surf where the red flags are not posted.

My bf and I enjoyed the My Way Club show last night - a very entertaining cabaret style show and drinks were 100 baht :-) It was a very good show - not a sex show - just good music, entertainment and cabaret acts...
    There were about 20 boys at My Way waiting for farang....and they were handsome and of many traits to suit.
    The Mamasan and music used while the boys were on the stage was entertaining - different than from other clubs I have visited. The boys were active in the music...singing the YMCA song - building pyramids like cheerleaders on the stage during music - and clapping with the music...they seemed to have a really good time together on stage while eagerly waiting for that special farang to invite them.

There are many, many shows to choose from in the Paradise Complex - it was difficult decision for us and my Thai bf asked many other Thais for their recommendations...we made a good choice!

Sadly, there were not many farangs in Patong - it was Saturday night - some random showers but not hot....and we may have seen a couple dozen or so farangs in the clubs....the show at My Way had a dozen farangs...some with Thai guests and others solo.

Indeed Phuket and Patong Beach is still hurting from the tsunami disaster...but the city area and beaches are clean, clean, clean and welcoming! I wish Pattaya was as welcoming and clean as the streets and sois of Patong Beach are..what a pleasant change of venue...it is obvious many business owners and city officials take pride in their city - again - sadly a pride not at all found in Pattaya.

Had dinner last night inside the Royal Paradise Hotel - on the second floor - a huge Thai buffet - all you can eat for 150 baht! Very good and many choices of Thai dishes, salads, fruits and desserts. A great value for 150 baht.

This Sunday morning enjoyed an American Breakfast in the Aqua Coffee Shop - on the corner next to the Aquarius Guesthouse and Sauna. One of the best breakfasts I have eaten in Thailand...for 95 baht. Their English Breakfast is 150 baht. They also offer free wireless internet service at your table as I saw several farangs using their laptops while eating.

UPDATE: I went back to the Aqua Restaurant in the early Sunday afternoon with my newly married friends for lunch and the Thai lunch menu is reasonable and good too :-)

On the soi where the Le Tan Jong House is located are internet shops with dsl - 1 baht/minute..and a photo shop, mini-mart and trendy clothing shops which appeal especially to your Thai friends.

The flights from Bangkok to Phuket are a low priced bargain too - 1,200 baht plus taxes each way on Nok Air...owned by Thai Airways. )ne hour flight and your are allowed 15 kg of baggage per person. The Nok Plus class of seating is only 500 baht more and is a First Class seat..with free newspapers, sandwich, beverage and comfortable seating..and 30 kg checked baggage allowances. I suggest spend the extra 500 baht and ride in first class comfort :-) The plane was about 50% filled to capacity. Check-in alongside the domestic terminal counter of Thai Airways at NOK Air...easy and quick. Farangs need your passport and Thais need their ID card.

The Nok Air website is: http://www.nokair.com/nokconnext/aspx/w ... lang=en-US .

Taxi from the airport to Patong Beach should be about 550 baht per taxi ...Minibus from Patong Beach to Phuket airport is 170 baht per person. The hotel can arrange for you.

The bus ride on the local bus (not baht bus or tuk tuk) is 20 baht and takes you from Patong Beach to Phuket City...in aboiut 15 minutes...one stop is at Central Shopping Mall in Phuket City - about 8 km from Patong Beach - is huge and very upscale with theatre multi-screens to see a movie if you wish during the afternoon. The taxi or tuk tuk to Phuket City from Patong Beach each way is about 350 baht...a crazy rate!

Hope you enjoy Phuket as much as we are....this is our first visit to Phuket and we will return!

Time to go and enjoy the afternoon with my bf on the beach ..... :-)

Take good care,

TravelerJim
    www.tjinsurance.com .

Tj

Hip

Hows the hip op TJ?
    Sounds like your very mobile?

Hip hip hooray.

Well Jim, it sounds like you and I have had the same itenerary for the past two days. I'm am squared away at Aquaris for three months working and enjoying Phuket. I've been here two weeks, and it has been very nice.

Yesterday I was at the beach, at My Way at night, and eating lunch at Aqua today (while working on my laptop). If I am correct you were at Aqua while I was there and told Richard (the owner) that the two people with you had just gotten married. The four of you sat two tables away from me (I was the white guy with the laptop sitting at the table in front of Richards).

I'm glad you are enjoying Patong Beach (and the torrential rains from last night). IMO, it is a wonderful place.

Pete

Forum's veteran
    Liked

traveller jim a gem!!

I wish more posters were like traveller jim..His posts are always informative and helpful and never ego-driven or malacious to those
    he doesn't like..I appreciate his airline info on price specials or ways of using free mile tickets etc.. Jim looks good and is back on his feet
    after surgery.. I just read Dodger's post and if one only had one opinion, nobody would go to Phuket..It is good to hear from others, with other
    opinions, as all of us have different tastes, agendas, and preferences.. I enjoy Phuket for a break from Pattaya but unless you are into scuba diving
    or boating, there isn't much to do after a few days but it is beautiful.. It is good to have another reasonalbly priced gay place to stay.. Of course,
    this means that SPICE mag has to update the Phuket map but with constant opening and closings, the graphic artist at SPICE must keep busy...

I have never been to Aquarius and hope Peter 1969 might write up a little review of the place and what happens there...

Re: NEW Le Tan Jong House-Paradise Complex - Patong/Phuket

This is traditional 14th stations walked by pilgrims today, from the LionтАЩs Gate to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Special thanks to all my friends who helped out...

Liked

You can get some informations also here >>> http://patongroom.com/index.html
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This thread is 4 years old. It was re-activated by a link spammer (anthony123). Nice to have a link to the hotel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    This thread is 4 years old. It was re-activated by a link spammer (anthony123). Nice to have a link to the hotel though.
    I realised it must be years out of date when I read the following:

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    ....when we looked at the rooms it reminded us of Howards Hotel in Pattaya....clean rooms ...

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I realised it when TJ mentioned Phuket was still suffering in the aftermath of the tsunami! Also strange, since TJ doesn't do long reports here anymore...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anthony123
    This is traditional 14th stations walked by pilgrims today, from the LionтАЩs Gate to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Special thanks to all my friends who helped out...