Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Jomtien complex

Liked

Jomtien complex

Is there still lots of building sites on the complex ? I have been there twice and both times my room was about 30 metres from building work that was loud all day.

Liked

Re: Jomtien complex

There is a major construction project by East Suites that is active, noisy, and judging from the slow progress it will be that way for some time.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mike1119
    Is there still lots of building sites on the complex ?
    I've met people that stay in apartments in the Jomtien Complex itself or know guys that have apartments down there. I've always asked, how they deal with the noise, as there's been quite a bit in the past, whether its from the construction that was going on forever on Thappraya Road, the construction on the buildings along the south side of Thappraya...or the View Talay 5 project. I've been told that some of the units in the Complex are pretty well sound proofed and that with the exception of the noisiest part of the construction in the day, it hasn't really been a problem. I imagine that some of the upscale places like East Suites, The Venue, Ganymede Resort or Poseidon Hotel are enjoying the fact that the biggest projects close by are complete now.

It might be good to ask ahead here about construction before you book something if you are sensitive to construction noise as these projects spring up unannounced for the most part. On occasion, they'll renovate a unit that may require some jack hammering as they're all cement shells and sound is going to bounce around at street level and this might last a week or two. Posters that are going to some of the clubs that have sprung up in the Complex or those of us that live / stay in the area might be able to share with you if you ask ahead about a particular spot for construction, big or small.

I'm in the Towers up front. We face the sea, but the breezeway to the back and the hallway face the complex so it's a matter of closing the back windows to drown out the sound if something loud is going on back there. We've had our share over the years and now we've run out of space close by for new construction, but I imagine the parking garage space opposite to Antz will eventually be dealt with and most likely be demolished or refurbished...when or if that ever happens.

For the most part where we are, and especially at night...it's a quiet, comfortable place to stay for being in the Jomtien area and near Dongtan Beach.

Surfcrest

Liked

Thanks for your replies guys.