Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
Correct, but I a lot of scientists are flagging up "hey, heres a new thing and we need to look into it as it could be a bigger problem than before" and airlines and the stock market are already factoring that into their thinking and planning then as per my OP IF 'I" was about to press "book" on a long haul flight personally I think I'd think it appropriate to give it a week or so until a bit more information was forthcoming re that perhaps, but each to their own of course.

Totally agree there, do all of that and then get on with things - that is on the assumption that the vaccine actually WORKS on a new strain - again I'd think waiting a week or two to find that out would be sensible, but again maybe that's me.

Oh please, you cant be serious, that's not even worthy of a reply.....

Well if by overly paranoid you mean being aware of situations as they develop and try to alter my life around them so they affect me less then I guess I'm guilty of that - and as for laughing being good for the soul, do be sure to tell that the people who have lost their loved ones to covid, I'm sure that will be a great comfort to them.
Emotional stress is a major contributing factor to the six leading causes of death: cancer, coronary heart disease, accidental injuries, respiratory disorders, cirrhosis of the liver and suicide. This may not be worthy of replying to - but worth thinking about.

This is serious, no doubt, but remaining positive, and yes, finding some humor along-the-road, can only be a benefit.