Thread: book now or wait?

Liked

book now or wait?

hi everyone

if you were booking a hotel in june
    knowing its the slow season and very quite
    would you 1. book now
    or 2. wait closer to the time for a better deal

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

thanks
    paperboy

Re: book now or wait????????????????????????

Personally I like to book things as early as possible and know they are sorted. The lack of stress is more important to me than any small saving I might make by leaving it to the last minute.

I always book direct with the hotels themselves and I find that the rates do not vary significantly whether you book in January or June - for a June stay. Maybe it's different through an agency though.

One thing I have witnessed is agency booked guests being charged joiner fees by the hotel whilst I have been waved through - presumably in an effort to make up the commission they have lost to the booking agent.

I would say, if you are happy with the rate offered now then why not just book it now.

:hello1: :hello1:

Liked

whats a forum for???????????????????
    old queens to moan
    im comming thialand and want some help
    is that too much to ask on a forum
    im young and need help

paperboy

Liked

sorry to all forum members
    but its my 1st time in thialnd and i need help

paperboy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Personally I like to book things as early as possible and know they are sorted. The lack of stress is more important to me than any small saving I might make by leaving it to the last minute.

I always book direct with the hotels themselves and I find that the rates do not vary significantly whether you book in January or June - for a June stay. Maybe it's different through an agency though.

One thing I have witnessed is agency booked guests being charged joiner fees by the hotel whilst I have been waved through - presumably in an effort to make up the commission they have lost to the booking agent.

I would say, if you are happy with the rate offered now then why not just book it now.

:hello1: :hello1:
    I've usually booked through an agency with Thai hotels and never been charged a joiners fee. With Thai hotels... a lot of them don't seem keen to offer their best rate when you book direct. Maybe "discounting" the rate through an agency is a way to save face.

Sometimes you secure a good rate booking early. But often in bad times 2 to 6 weeks in advance is a great time to secure a great rate.

Why?... Because (1) this is when they start to flap about high vacancy rates and (2) the immediate period is always most prominent in their head space. If you put yourself in the shoes of the hotel's Marketing/Promotions Manager... you're mainly focused (desperate) on getting bookings in the next 2 months so this is when you slash rates... 4-5 months ahead is not such a priority.

whats a forum for???????????????????
    old queens to moan
    im comming thialand and want some help
    is that too much to ask on a forum
    im young and need help
    Paperboy,
    We all know you're young and we all appreciate that you have a heightened anticipation for your first trip, but the forum should not be treated as a Chat Room, either. You should do your research BEFORE throwing up a post, as many of your questions have been well addressed in the past here and in other forums online. There are also resources such as Lonely Planet and Wikitravel, not to mention Utopia and Dreaded Ned.

First off, you should have thought out all of the questions you might want answered and combined them in a singular, well considered posting topic (even so, you could have searched the forum for ALL of your questions and gotten dozens of relevant bits of good information that would have saved you time).

Secondly, once you posted your first topic, you had at your disposal many PM possibilities with other, receptive and helpful members, such as Beachlover and Scottie. Simple questions could have been dealt with enlisting these fellows.

Lastly, Hereforme's point should be well taken: If everyone posted a new topic frivilously we'd get people starting threads like 'Which brand of condoms is best for short boys?', 'Which 7 11 in Sunee has Tropicana orange juice' or silly topics such as how cute someone's avatar is. Do you see that?

Liked

Paperboy until the moderators on a board tell you stop posting than I suggest you ignore those that chose to help you by not helping you.

Ignore the complaints and insults and talk to those who want to help you and others who may benefit from any advice given.

If they don't like your posts there are others for them to read. It is no hardship for them to click the back button and return to the thread selection screen.

As far as when to book. I tend to give myself 8 to 6 weeks to book my room once I am sure of when and where I will be in Thailand and only after I purchased my air tickets.

If where you want to stay is very popular than I would book ASAP.

If you have a Credit Card that lets you generate a one time use number than I would use that to book the room and hold it until you arrive.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Paperboy ignore the expats who believe this board is for them to bitch and moan about the petty grievances.

They have no life and cannot be taken serious

To avoid this crap. Go to the top right hand corner this page and look for User Control Panel

Open that and look for the foes

Type in the name of the people that are giving you negative responses

Voila, often one person listed in foes can change your opinion of this board overnight

Hint Hint
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Paperboy ignore the expats who believe this board is for them to bitch and moan about the petty grievances.

They have no life and cannot be taken serious
    What a weird bit of advice for an experienced board member to give considering the fact that we have FOUR THREADS going on this board started by a new member who joined up just THREE DAYS ago.

Boy, this guy has ISSUES, doesn't he boys? I can understand Paperboy's, as he's new here, but Lonelywombat must have been traumatized by others here many a times to step up and look so stupid here.

I've never used the feature to block posts from a member, but I think I've found one that warrants using it the first time- and it's not you, Paperboy, or even you, GF sweetheart.

Talk about someone who should get a life!

Liked

Back on topic....

Have you considered renting a condo or a service apartment in Thailand. There are even rental places on craigslist. I have never used craigslist but I am sure there are some here who have.

When I was in Pattaya I rented a condo and that was one of my best room stays I have had when in Pattaya. Balcony, Kitchen, Refrigerator and no hotel staff to strut your guests in front of before you take them to your room to read the bible.

Service Apartments are similar to a condo rental only they have staff similar to a hotel.
    These are the good'ol days