Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets call it what it is It's not a tip

Liked: 1

Lets call it what it is It's not a tip

Call it what you like but the bottom line is its payment for sex (prostitution). A tip is given in any business for exceptional service. I don't tip in a restaurant if I get lousy food or lousy service. The money we pay is for sex for sale. "payment for sexual services" the only thing is that, usually what we give them is a sort of grey area in terms of how much. The off fee is fair for the bar and the Farang as he doesn't have to do any ground work he just selects by number. Prostitution at its worst.

I have my own scale of payment which I follow
    1,000 bt for a 2 or 3 hours. A lot of boys can't wait to get away.
    1,000 bt for an all nighter with a tip of 300 / 500 bt if they were good

Long term for BS I give 30,000 for a one month holiday plus all the goodies like a bit of shopping drinks and meals.

I would be very interested to know what all you guys think is fair and what you would pay for services. and do you really believe it's a tip you are giving them

Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Re: Lets call it what it is It's not a tip

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    have my own scale of payment which I follow
    1,000 bt for an all nighter with a tip of 300 / 500 bt if they were good
    Nonsense. You can call it a tip but someone else should not ?.

I have my own scale of payment which I follow
    1,000 bt for a 2 or 3 hours. A lot of boys can't wait to get away.1,000 bt for an all nighter with a tip of 300 / 500 bt if they were good
    With that sort of 'generosity' it is little wonder the boys can't wait to get away.

How do you equate 2-3 hours with an all-nighter for the same payment?

A lot of boys can't wait to get away
    Why are we not surprised?

Liked: 1
    Naughty But Nice questions my generosity but he doesn't tell us how much he pays.

Equating short time with an all nighter. The all nighter gets extra 3 to 5 hundred extra, fed in the morning in a cafe and also has the chance of getting another night if things are working out

Again NBN please tell us what you pay lets see how generous you are.

You also mention regarding my generosity "no wonder they can't wait to get away" I pay at the end perhaps you are used to paying up front and you assume I do also. The only people who pay up front with a one nighter bar boy are people who pay over the odds as they are lacking in something. Is that what you mean by being generous.to keep the boy interested
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Not so much the money ...

... as the customer's personality as evident from the post

Forum's veteran
    Liked

... all this, and an ABF, to boot!

allieb said "The all nighter gets...fed in the morning in a cafe" Not being critical of you personally here, allie, but my thoughts:

One of the interesting things I've read here on the board (not that I'm proud to say I've gone back through dozens of pages of past postings) as well as conversations with Thai friends and acquaintances is that many times the boy isn't all that thrilled to go to breakfast with their client the next morning. For one, it makes their work life (and sometimes faux "gay" life) public. Also, many times they have someplace else to be in the morning (classes, family obligations, mainstream work) and just don't have the time to go. Add to that their choice of and "American Breakfast" vs johk or khao tom and you have ample reasons to not think that breakfast is a good as an increase in a cash tip.

And face it: I'm guessing that many times for many boys sometimes the "boss" isn't all that appealing to begin with, and it's nice to clock out and go home! It's a job, after all. In all of my trips there I haven't offed a boy (so far), but if I did I'd like to think I'd tip well. $10US isn't nearly as dear to a farang on vacation as it is to a Thai living a far humbler existence.

[i]Naughty But Nice questions my generosity but he doesn't tell us how much he pays.

The reason being that as I have a regular b/f i have no offed for more than 18 months.

Equating short time with an all nighter. The all nighter gets extra 3 to 5 hundred extra, fed in the morning in a cafe and also has the chance of getting another night if things are working out

As has been said many times on these boards, one of the things that Thai boys dread the most is having to accompany a Farang through the silent breakfast ritual. 3-5 hundred 'extra' is not relevant when your standard 1000Baht fee is so miserly to begin with.

Again NBN please tell us what you pay lets see how generous you are.

When I last offed about 18 months ago, here in Bangkok, I paid 1000 - 1250 for a short time and 1500 - 2000 for long time.
    You also mention regarding my generosity "no wonder they can't wait to get away" I pay at the end perhaps you are used to paying up front and you assume I do also. You should never assume things especially when your are wrong :blackeye:

[b]The only people who pay up front with a one nighter bar boy are people who pay over the odds as they are lacking in something. Is that what you mean by being generous.to keep the boy interested
    I have never paid up-front but have always agreed a tip with the boy concerned. As for paying over the odds, everyones' financial circumstances differ that is accepted, but I pay what I think the boy is worth and am not influenced by the miserly like yourself nor extravagant like some others.

Liked
    Isn't 1500 close to the upper limit for an all-nighter anyway?

A job is a job is a job. You can call the money offer whatever you want but it is basically a compensation for services rendered.

My Thai boyfriend won't eat Western food so breakfast can be a problem. I took him to a very upmarket hotel in Hua Hin for a few day's treat. He deserved a complete rest and he loved the hotel but there was no Thai food at breakfast at all and we had to take the hotel bus into the town all the time for him to eat.

My experience of Bar Boys is that they'd rather sleep than get up and have breakfast.