I believe Oliver is referring to (English) David K - one half of the Dolly Sisters - who has run a few bars in Sunee and BT, most notably Oscars. He is currently managing Panorama I think. You undoubtedly know him, NIrish.

I think LCR was a bit of a poisoned chalice even by the time David took it on - much of the problem being the rooms were about 30-40 years out of date and as you'll remember some were even sold off or rented off or whatever the deal was, to Copa.

Not that he was in charge of the accomodation side of the business as the American guy ran that (and that was another problem I think - having 2 different managers), but if the accommodation is right it brings customers into the restaurant and bar.

I think David was left to flog a bit of a dying horse, which is a bit of a pity because I have a lot of time for him - he's a really nice guy.

As to what happened after that, what with the buy out and the re-naming etc I'm not so familiar as I lost interest when they substantially closed the restaurant. After a night out in BT we always used to end up in the restaurant for a late night meal with whichever lads we had picked up on our travels.

Fond memories also of entertainment from Toi and El Duo - but then I've never been in Thailand as you know so I'm probably making it all up!