Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le cafe royal

Le cafe royal

is it supposedly gay or straight, had breakfast there recently and noticed loads of dutch straight people there even with some young kid, not a place for kids to stay I would have thought. I suspect there must be at least one gay guy in the bunch, or they going straight now

Liked
    The Dutch are very tolerant and accepting of gay people. Strange sounding language but very nice people.

I was at a Pride event in Amsterdam once and loads of children with parents came to see the parade.
    E Dok Tong

Deceased Member
    Liked
    You must have seen the guests of a big Dutch guy who is here as a regular celebrating his 50 birthday, he brought 20 friends with him from Holland to help him celebrate, big money spender!

Perhaps the Dutch people you saw at Cafe Royale were relatives of Robbie????

Forum's veteran
    Liked

pricing at Cafe Royale..

I was somewhat surprised to be charged 70B. for a glass of soda water, served without the bottle, on the terrace of Cafe Royale.

The restaurant is priced even higher than Amor and many gay expats will not pay inflated prices, when so many other options
    are so close by..
    They need the straight tourists from Europe, as the straight tourist seem less concerned about inflated pricing than
    many expats or older gay tourists.
    I am no fan of Amor, but it is a far better deal than Cafe Royale and if one wants to pay
    inflated prices for drinks in outdoor terraces, at least Panorama has some action and is a far better place for casual drink..

I am not sure if Throb Splash is now under the same ownership as Cafe Royale, but the whole complex is in need of
    fresh thinking or they will lose the gay customer base. This cat won't go back..
    :cat:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

singer

I have been here for three years, when will they get rid of the cocktail lounge singer in the bar I always see there (ok, he may appeal to some people, but isn't it time for a change?).

Re: singer

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    I have been here for three years, when will they get rid of the cocktail lounge singer in the bar I always see there (ok, he may appeal to some people, but isn't it time for a change?).
    Hes a good singer, but i agree - a little variety would help.

Liked: 1

Re: singer

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    Hes a good singer, but i agree - a little variety would help.
    I third that, lucky enought he was out of town last year or is that already 2 years ago, I don't remember but the lady singer and the pianist that replaced him where a breath of fresh air.
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Lady

I must agree, the lady singer is good. The Thai Guy seems to sing out of tune a lot. Maybe its all the beers he seems to put away every night.

singer

For some good music and singing, come to the Jomtien Music Festival (organised by Jomtien Gay Community) this Sunday (4th March) in Jomtien Complex for Blues, Jazz, Flamenco and Isaan. Starts at 4 PM until very late!

"Gay Jomtien - Great Music"