Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafe Royal Sold

Liked: 1

Cafe Royal Sold

I have heard that the cafe royal hotel has been sold to a real estate developer, and that they may pull the buildings down and build conodos, any updates or other info?

Liked

Re: Cafe Royal Sold

hope not..lots of staff there would lose their jobs.

All true newyorkgeorge.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

good four days ago -via their website I contacted, asked if this thread was true.
    Still no response. Wondering if I send mail to a friend there whether it will be forwarded-

Liked

I have a booking over Christmas and emailed the Hotel to see if my booking was safe or should I look elsewhere. I received a fast response ie the following morning saying that LCR would continue to operate as a Hotel with no need to worry....so business as usual...obviously there will be some changes, just as in every business I guess.....

Liked

And thinking about it logically, how could they knock down LCR in isolation...it's joined to the other units which in effect are Lin a terrace type format...you would probably have to take down copa, toy boys etc......

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by stevehadders
    I have a booking over Christmas and emailed the Hotel to see if my booking was safe or should I look elsewhere. I received a fast response ie the following morning saying that LCR would continue to operate as a Hotel with no need to worry....so business as usual...obviously there will be some changes, just as in every business I guess.....
    I remember Punya said the same about Howards when he sold that ...
    [color=#000080]For all the up-to-date news, stories and all the gossip on my blog - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog]NickysGayBlog.com[/url] For reviews of gay venues, bars, accommodation, restaurants - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-thailand]NickysGayThailand.com[/url][/color]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NickysGayPattaya
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehadders
    I remember Punya said the same about Howards when he sold that ...

You are exactly right NickysGayPattaya.

There are no assurances that Le Cafe Royale will remain in its present form at all. Businesses come and businesses go. And they aren't going to make an announcement until it is in their best interests to do so.

Yes, Punya did say he would not sell Howards. However, It should not have been a total surprise that it was sold shortly thereafter.

Liked

Re: Cafe Royale Sold

Cafe Royale is a solid building and as the building did not fall down when the lift was built, then I do not expect that any alteration will cause the developer if there is one, to worry.

Yes I heard the same thing when the staff of Howards were told well in advance it was sold, yet Steve Hadders still abused me for posting that.

Copa and LCR are two separate buildings and can be developed or converted if required.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Lonely Wombat I have never set out to abuse anyone on this or any other board - and very sorry if you thought any of my comments were taken this way - it has never been my intention.

In terms of the future we will see - in all honesty its a moot. Commonsense dictates that the footprint of only the Cafe Royale would only make commercial sense to build condos if they can build a lot higher (not sure the City would allow that, if all around stay same height), or if the footprint is expanded ...anyway we will see. iI would happily ager a beer, for what its worth, that it stays a Hotel for the short to mid term. If you are right wombat then I just stay elsewhere, not a problem for me