Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: motor bike helmets

motor bike helmets

I was standing outside seven eleven on Jomtien beach today when I noticed a police man stop a thai man on a moter bike who was not wearing a helmet, he issued a ticket and pointed to the nearby police station presumably telling the man to go pay his fine. I was amused then to see three police men arrive on two motor bikes none of them wearing helmets. I agree that all people should be forced to wear helmets including police

Liked

Re: motor bike helmets

Quote Originally Posted by raig56
    " ... he issued a ticket and pointed to the nearby police station presumably telling the man to go pay his fine ... "
    This would never happen! The fine money goes straight into the shirt pocket, no stopping at Boardwalk, no "... go to the Police Office to pay ... "

However . . . cops riding motorcycles sans helmets? Happens every day 24/7, all over Thailand. As I walk 3 or 4 blocks every morning to get the Post I often see the same cop motoring to work ~ helmetless ~ with his 3 kids ~ helmetless ~ on the back who he's dropping off to school.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: motor bike helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Quote Originally Posted by raig56
    " ... he issued a ticket and pointed to the nearby police station presumably telling the man to go pay his fine ... "
    This would never happen! The fine money goes straight into the shirt pocket, no stopping at Boardwalk, no "... go to the Police Office to pay ... "

However . . . cops riding motorcycles sans helmets? Happens every day 24/7, all over Thailand. As I walk 3 or 4 blocks every morning to get the Post I often see the same cop motoring to work ~ helmetless ~ with his 3 kids ~ helmetless ~ on the back who he's dropping off to school.

Cheers ...
    it happens all the time

just check Pattaya Tai outside Tukcom on market day.
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

being stopped

I was stopped for turning into a one way street, the officer then gave me a ticket and I was told to pay at the police station before I could take my bike back

All over the wold !

This is wrong :

This is good :

And if no good you get this :

Same same all over the wold ! :flower:

Most of the helmets people wear are next to useless.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Most of the helmets people wear are next to useless.
    that's being generous.
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Liked
    I always make sure to bring my own heavy duty motorcycle helmet with me when I travel to Thailand. I also make sure to wear my elbow and knee pads whenever riding a motorbike taxi. I know how they drive and it is not always safe. I recommend anyone who takes a motor bike taxi to do this. It only takes a few minutes and could very well save your life. I also wear sturdy shoes because if you wear sandals, you could very easily lose a toe.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Diec
    " ... I always make sure to bring my own heavy duty motorcycle helmet with me when I travel to Thailand. I also make sure to wear my elbow and knee pads whenever riding a motorbike taxi. I know how they drive and it is not always safe. I recommend anyone who takes a motor bike taxi to do this. It only takes a few minutes and could very well save your life. I also wear sturdy shoes because if you wear sandals, you could very easily lose a toe... "
    • 340(+) lbs of deadweight fat on a 110cc scooter? Not an issue.
      [/*:m:18aqnpr7]
    • But fitting that lard under a helmet? Challenging.
    • Lying 24/7 on message boards? Simple.
    • Knee pads? Under a bar table? Essential!
    • Running out without paying promised charity money? Priceless!!
    • (Also pricless? Having a photo of Diec/BBB on my hard drive!!)[/*:m:18aqnpr7]

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I always make sure to bring my own heavy duty motorcycle helmet with me when I travel to Thailand
    Absolutely essential to avoid cooties from the public helmets the motosai guy will offer. :cheers: