Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien Plaza gay business fined

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jomtien Plaza gay business fined

lots of tongues wagging today about just which was the business owner fined 10,000 baht for selling liqueur on election day.

Not really much of a fine but slightly rude not adhering to the rules when you are a guest in the country-easier said than done of course and it's surprising the penalty was so low.

Perhaps one of the tabloid newspapers will illuminate us -I just can't bear to read them though.

I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    oh dear..the name of the unfortunate business owner was being bandied about tonight amongst diners at Pan Pan Restaurant.

Shame he's one of the more moralizing members of the Pattaya clan that was caught out. Karma does have a way of catching one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    oh dear..the name of the unfortunate business owner was being bandied about tonight amongst diners at Pan Pan Restaurant.

Shame he's one of the more moralizing members of the Pattaya clan that was caught out. Karma does have a way of catching one up.
    ...c'mon doris don't leave us all hanging in suspense..... spill the beanz will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, its always the moralists caught with their pants down. Former Governor Spitzer of New York State who spent a whole career prosecuting prostitution met his demise in a high-priced whore house.

J. Edgar Hoover who, among many other things, persecuted gays during his career turned out to be a "drag queen". The list is endless.

Liked
    Why not ask Monty. He seem to know all about Jomtien

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    well..as much as I would love to name the dear soul I'm not going to..so many people must know by now the story will leak out.

Look it's not a terribly serious offense just a silly one. If it been committed on a Royal day I'm sure it would have been treated far more seriously so I feel rather sorry for the bloke as he's a bit short of funds.

What strikes me is that this must have come as a tip=off as I doubt the Pattaya plods were roaming the area seeking out booze offenders..it just shows you must be careful in this town..smile at everyone..never let people lose face (farang or otherwise) back down, bend over backward wards. crawl in the gutter etc..if one wants to survive.

funny old town.

DELETED

The fine paid, was actually 4000 Baht.

George.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    4000 baht ?..a round of drinks really.

4000 baht ?..a round of drinks really.
    In your company Lunchtime, I have no doubt.

Cheers,

George.