List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting your own business,greedy pattaya business owners.

Re: Starting your own business,greedy pattaya business owner

Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    I really like MONTYS ENCHANTED HUT but at a 6 million baht asking price i could start one next door to him.
    Just think of it as goodwill, though if I am to believing all the other postings there seems to be less and less of this in Pattaya these days, especially on the Plaza, where some sort of lumpen Mafiosi is causing mayhem. No wonder smiles is retiring to a different royal retreat up the drag.

del

Wish in one hand, spit in the other;

see which hand gets full the fastest.

4,500,000 baht...about $122,000, ┬г63,000...How long might it take to start making an, actual, profit? (Would you, Billy, be eating up all the profits?...or assets? (Do you count bar-boys as assets?) What are the terms?...Cash? Will the owner carry all or part of the financing? Is there a leasehold?...Or might you be left holding the (empty) bag. How much would you need to clear to pay overhead & expenses and your living expenses? "No books!" You need more information before you can say, flat out, it is, or is not, worth it.
    I think, a lot of times, farang are in love with the idea of owning a business in Thailand, or in love with a gold digger who want's a business, and neither have the slightest idea of what to look for--But owning a bar is so glamourous!... And all those boys eager to please the boss\audition! There are those bar owners who are their own best customer, be it 'services' or the booze. After a year they are crying in their beer and asking what the hell they got themself into.

Because they ask doesn't mean they expect to get. Make an offer. They are selling the name; established custom; goodwill (If any.); location-location-location [That location may be worth more as some other kind of business, for instance: A Pay-toilet or a Combination Pay-toilet\Quickie Massage Parlor specializing in massaging only one body part, a foot, for instance...charging by the foot...or inch...or mm in your case--Wow! You'd...pardon the expression...get off cheap!]; traffic, real estate or lease hold (If any.) and, usually; the fixtures, which may be junk: costing more to haul away than they are worth...when the deal closes show up with a boy and a pee-cup truck, maybe you can furnish your apartment just for the toting away.

Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    The thing with this mafiosa CEDRIC,are you saying they come for protection money?
    Is that what your insuanating?
    No they just come for the money homing in on slightly drunk old people I believe, very scary. I really think Monty's is a bargain at 250 000 US. Remember you can always water down the gin after the first one or just use extra lemon though I dont know how much goodwill you will have left after that.

Liked: 1
    I would have thought that buying or starting a business in Pattaya is not an option these days. Just look at the amount of businesses for sale, the empty bars. There are too many places chasing too few customers. On top of all that the legal complications, the mafia who I'm sure will want a cut if not them then the cops. Invest your money wisely in your own country and use the profits to visit LOS frequently. If you must live there then wait until you can afford to retire and live of your investments

I don't know of any farang who can say that he made the right decision in buying into Pattaya.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

oh yes wx40afp

"I really like MONTYS ENCHANTED HUT but at a 6 million baht asking price i could start one next door to him.'

but can you cook ?.

The head lease of Monty's pool bar is owned by Peter of Krazy Dragon. Unfortunately for Monty it didn't sell because he didn't have much time left on his lease. Why don't you lease the c**t of a place ?

pattaya business

Anyone should know by now you do not open a business as a source of income. It should only be done as a hobby. It is better to invest and have a reliable income than to blow all your savings on a very risky business. There have been far to many suicides and attempted ones beacuse of business failures. Those that are successful already have enough money to see them thru any low seasons and successful ones like Monty usually work them selves into an illness or end up selling at a loss as one does not usally recoup from the long hours involved. My biggest problem with owning a business there is that you buy the business but not the building. Given the thai government past history regarding farang business it just doesn't make sense right now.

Liked

Billy Get your facts right.

Where did you get the price of 6 million baht for the Enchanted Hut. You Dill, Ask Me, in future
    It is up for sale at any offer around what it is worth, about 1,000,000 baht.
    For a good restaurant and show bar, you will not find better. at the price.
    But My Pen Rai , I am very happy at the Enchanted Hut. and don't care if we keep it.

Buy of the century

Has Monty's been sold yet? At that ridiculously low price of offers on 1000 000 Baht, I should imagine it has moved like a hot cakes. I hope the new owner can keep up the impeccable standards set. :evil5: Lets hope so.

Montys B&B has been sold and looks like the new owner Stewart ( From New Zealand) has already started making improvements to the place .
    For a start there has been a huge clean up of the cafe and bar and also the kitchen !!!!!! i believe the builders and painters will be in this week. Guess we will just have to wait and see what else Stewart has planned but as far as i am a where it is business as usual with "Thefullmontysbreakfast" are still being served along with coffees/ teas and free news papers. The new waiter staff is quite nice on the eye as well. Wish you all the best Stewart