Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Jomtien Complex, Boyz town and Sunee Plaza

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jomtien Complex, Boyz town and Sunee Plaza

Well I did not like to remove the old thread of this because it referred to the old and showed the new changes. The old customers and the old area and what was now being transformed and into what which is a hell of a big improvement on their reputation of old and if ya don't know what the hell I am talking about then you don't know my thoughts on what I said before so it doesn't matter. BUT I will say that my thoughts on what WAS and what it is changing into are still the same and the people who I know and respect and who said it was a disaster, which sometimes my writing can be, well what I know and saw are still what I know, saw and have had people say the same.

OK enough of what I chose to take down.
    What do you think about the three areas. Why do you like one better than the other? And yes, this thread is meant to be exaoration and meant to incite discussion and conversation. That's what a orum is meant to be. If everyone agreed with one another than there would not be anything to have discussions, disagreements and different views on!!!

Liked

Re: Jomtien Complex, Boyz town and Sunee Plaza

For me, these are 3 very different areas.

Jomtien Complex is normally off my list, just for the fact there are no gogo bars there. Before the BF, I would stop by Jomtien occasionally when leaving the beach. Met some nice staff there, and even took a couple of them out. But now, we never go there in the evening. Just too boring. I would think this is more of a place for residents than visitors....

Boyztown area is the "going out" place. We only go when we are in the mood for a show, either sex type (X Boys franchise) or a cabaret type (usually Copa since WWB has gone downhill). We might pop into a gogo or two between shows, but that is not the reason we go to BT. As I mentioned in another thread, BF really does not like staying in BT. Feels very much a tourist attraction with people watching your comings and goings for him. I don't really care, but He (and most Thai) seem much more concerned about appearances and such. :dontknow:

Sunee is the relaxed, neighborhood community place...and this is where we spend the most time. I really like a variety of places and Sunee has most options covered, plus no "tourists" milling around checking us out. I like the tables spilling out into the street...can catch up with old friends as they wander by. Good mix of host bars and gogo bars. Gogo bars of all types. Relaxed host bars where you can linger and catch up with friends, old and new. Some sleeze bars for when that mood strikes...though it seems those options are more limited now. :crybaby:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    ...Sunee is the relaxed, neighborhood community place...and this is where we spend the most time. I really like a variety of places and Sunee has most options covered, plus no "tourists" milling around checking us out. I like the tables spilling out into the street...can catch up with old friends as they wander by. Good mix of host bars and gogo bars. Gogo bars of all types. Relaxed host bars where you can linger and catch up with friends, old and new. Some sleeze bars for when that mood strikes...though it seems those options are more limited now. :crybaby:
    I couldn't agree more. I love the laidback but surprises-to-be-found ambience of Sunee. I spend much of my time at the quiet outdoor bars but on occasion, I also like to go where willies are waved in my face.
    [color=#800080][i][b]I AM BUTTERFLY![/b][/i][/color]

Liked

Jomtien Complex is too boring. And if I meet one at a host bar there, everytime I walk by they ask where I'm going etc. If I lived in the area it might be ok, but for limited vacation it is a waste of time.

Boys Town is great for go go bars and finding that perfect guy to take home. The host bars there are not as good as Sunee but still good. I had a great night with a guy from Oscars last trip. It just feels like a tourist destination too much...not as bad as Walking Street in that regard. Oh, Walking Street is pretty same old once you've seen it. And GUYS GUYS GUYS the gay go go there is like being in a zoo with the tourist looking in the door in amazement.

Sunee is the best with the laid back atmosphere and ample host bars. My first trip i didn't know where it was ...which is a good thing in a way. Like the twinky types that are of proper age there.
    really like a variety of places and Sunee has most options covered, plus no "tourists" milling around checking us out.

Liked

In all the years I holidayed in Pattaya, and even now as a full-time resident, I have never visited Sunee Plaza. Its reputation for having underage boys working in some of its bars made it simply unattractive to me. It is a place I downright prefer to stay far away from. I wish there would be an even more aggressive effort to address this problem and ensure that it is once and for all absolutely discontinued as a practice.

The Jomtien Complex is more a matter of тАШout of sight, out of mindтАЩ for me. I have also never visited any of the bars there and from all that I have heard and read there seem to be little or no reason for me to do so anytime soon.

Boyz Town and Pattayaland are where I have traditionally spent my time and treasure. Most of my Bath tend to go to the bars with good enough male erotic shows: X-Boys Land and Happy Place. I do go to Copa Show Bar as my friends enjoy the 11:00 p.m. cabaret show. It is not my cup of tea but I give the performers credit for putting on a decent enough professional show which is a much higher level product than in the other bars. I also enjoy going to Panorama to shoot the breeze with the guys and kill time before heading out to the clubs. The bars in my case are mainly just an appetizer before embarking on the main course for the evening тАУ clubbing until the wee hours of the morning at weekends.

As some members have pointed out, though, Boyz Town and Pattayaland proximity to Walking Street can make you feel like being in a fish bowl at times, with the tourists walking by gawking at the strange gay men and taking pictures of these odd species. This is especially bad sometimes during high season.

Honestly, the aspects of gay life I most enjoy in Pattaya are going to the clubs, Dave, NAB and Idol, and spending time at Dongtan beach. These are the places where I derive the greatest amount of pleasure and fun. As usual it is more a matter of personal preferences and hence to each his own.

Liked

Fair enough, rifraf....Like you say, different people enjoy different things. For me, BT area is a bit too "Disney-esque" and surreal for spending a lot of time...

and if you believe that underage is strictly a Sunee issue, you are very much mistaken. BT area is more discrete in many ways (probably due to those aforementioned tourists wandering around), but if you pay attention and look a bit deeper, you may be very surprised. Assuming there are no underage in the BT area is just asking for trouble.

I do agree about Dave, Nab, and the rest. A lot of fun to be had in the late night hours at the clubs.

I have always been amazed that for such a "party" city, the bars all close up so early. 1AM? Really? (except for GUY club, that is) Which I have to say is sometimes fun to pop over to Walking Street - GUY club and grab a beer or two. The interaction between the dancers and the folks milling around the entrance...fun to watch.

There are some beer bars that sometimes stay open in Sunee when the customers aren't ready to leave...thankfully.

Liked

No problem finding places to drink, just look for bars and Clubs owned by the Mayor or the Police. They are open all night.

Liked

Anonone, know that your sage advice on Boyz Town and Pattayaland is very much taken into account and that I make a valiant effort to stay far away from trouble wherever I am in Thailand and beyond her borders.

And I fully and whole-heartedly agree with you that the 1:00 a.m. closing rule just doesn't cut it. I do notice, though, that some bars in Boyz Town, much like you pointed out happens in Sunee Plaza, also stay open beyond 1:00 a.m. at weekends, if they have enough customers still in the bar at the regular closing time.

At the end of the day, though, as I have said before, my real preference is for clubbing rather than bar hopping, so I am not the ideal gay customer in Pattaya whether for Sunee Plaza or Boyz Town.

Liked

I have always been amazed that for such a "party" city, the bars all close up so early. 1AM? Really? .
    This was not always the case; sometime in the past 10 years the closing time was either 2 or 3 AM and then changed to 1 AM by the city authorities.

Liked

I think that Jomtien complex has got much better in the last few years.There are more places to visit there now..
    Sunnee Plaza is by far the best for variety and meeting people,but its reputation is still not good.
    Boyztown is my favourite for food,bars and clubs.Funny Boys and Panorama are tops.
    Most people have different likes and dislikes so there is something for everyone in all of the 3 places.