Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins . . .

Liked

And so it begins . . .

. . . I speak of Songkran of course.

One day ahead of schedule, but nobody seemed to be complaining.

Part of my weekly routine is a Sunday shop at Silom Complex. I wasnтАЩt the least bit surprised to hear the boom-boom beat of music and the noise of Songkran party revellers as the sky-train approached BTS Sala Daeng.

Unfortunately, I wasnтАЩt dressed for the occasion, or tooled up for the affray, so I had to keep back at a safe (and dry) distance.
    My special boy is working today, but will arrive tomorrow, so we can partake in three days of madness and mayhem.

As I finish drafting this post, the heavens have opened up and torrential rain is pouring down, with almighty claps of thunder overhead. Hope thatтАЩs it for the next 3 days, otherwise it will spoil things somewhat.

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Re: And so it begins . . .

р╕кр╕зр╕▒р╕кр╕Фр╕╡р╕ р╕╡р╣Гр╕лр╕бр╣И

Happy New Year, Jellybean.

For anyone on the forum who doesnt know, while wandering around during Songkran say "swatdee-bee-mai" to everyone. They'll say the same thing back with a smile. It means "Happy New Year".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Happy New Year, Jellybean.
    Thanks cdnmatt! And a Happy New Year to you too!

And three more photos are attached. Sorry,they are pretty big and I don't know how to make them smaller. Hope they are all viewable.

JB

Liked

Thanks for the photos Jellybean.

I really wanted to be there again this year for Songkran, but as usual, work gets in the way. Your photos are easing my disappointment a bit.

Have a great time with your special boy over the next fun-filled days.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    . . . Have a great time with your special boy over the next fun-filled days
    Thanks anonone! IтАЩm sorry to learn you wonтАЩt be in Thailand for Songkran. I know the photos are a poor consolation for the real thing, but at least they gave you a flavour of whatтАЩs happening. Hopefully, once your work commitments are finalised, youтАЩll be out here again as quick as boiled asparagus and enjoying yourself to the max!

Unfortunately, I shall not be taking anymore photos. Over the next three days I wonтАЩt be standing on the side-lines, as I did yesterday, and later today I hope to be in the thick of it. I just donтАЩt trust myself to protect my mobile phone from water damage, so will be leaving it at home. Perhaps others will post their own photos and add to the six photos IтАЩve already posted.

Happy Songkran!

Liked

Totally understand about wanting to protect phones /cameras. I am of the same thought when I "play water" for Songkran.

And indeed I shall be back in Pattaya in a couple weeks and shall be enjoying myself (as well as others) to the max.

Cheers.

Liked

I'll be in Pattaya this week. (Joe, you've been warned!) I'm dreading it.

But I'll be putting a condom to good use - I'll stick my phone in it. Something different for a change.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    they are pretty big and I don't know how to make them smaller
    Use http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Liked

God I love Songkran!

I only went out for an hour or so today, but tomorrow will do it up. I'm 33 now, have seen quite a bit, and have to admit, I can't think of a better display of humanity than Songkran. It's just such an amazing feeling -- where everyone lets everyone else know that life is good and to be cherished.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    I can't think of a better display of humanity than Songkran. It's just such an amazing feeling -- where everyone lets everyone else know that life is good and to be cherished.
    I usually go to Jomtien to escape the worst of Bangkok Songkran and for the past few years you know to avoid Beach Rd and the road over the hill during the day but it has always been "safe" to be out and about in Pattaya and Jomtien in the evening during the main country-wide Songkran holidays

last night about 9:00 PM I was in a baht bus on Pattaya 2 Rd near South Pattaya Rd when everyone on the bus, having first being drenched by drunk falung with some bargirls with high-power water guns where then drenched again by buckets of water thrown by a group of drunk Thai masseurs outside their venue. I was on my way to dinner, also on the bus where 2 Thai lottery ticket sellers with the tickets they where hoping to sell that night, 3 Hong Kong guys who looked like they where out for a night of fun in the bars in Boyztown, and another falung couple dressed for a night on the town

I am not addressing this at you specifically cdnmatt, but I think anyone who views this drenching as a "display of humanity" and letting people know "life is good' then I think they have a faulty moral compass

Songkran in Pattaya is celebrated on 19 April and there are designated "play" zones and I have no problem with that - if I don't want to play I can easily avoid these zones

Songkran in Bangkok is celebrated on 12-15 April and Silom, parts of Siam Square, Khao San etc are all designated zones - I live in Silom but I still have no problem with this, if I don't want to play I can easily avoid these zones

even though Songkran is now a total perversion of what the festival was originally about it is still an important festival and Thai people have every right to celebrate it wherever they are outside of these zones - all I ask is they show some respect for those that are not out to play and they usually do. drunk falung don't have any rights at all in this as far as I am concerned and they are usually the worst offenders!

again I am not addressing this at you specifically cdnmatt, but I think anyone who thinks I am just an old curmudgeon on this may need to rethink their ideas about reasonable behavior in a civilized society!

bkkguy
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!