Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya - Where to buy eye glasses

Liked

Pattaya - Where to buy eye glasses

I fell and my eye glasses were damaged. They are useable but I think I need to get another pair. Where / Who is a good vendor? I have progressives. Can these lenses be made in Thailand (Pattaya) for a reasonable price? I don't have the prescription.

Thanks

Liked

Re: Pattaya - Where to buy eye glasses

http://www.eurooptic-thailand.com/

On Second Rd in Pattaya across from Royal Garden.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You might want to consider having an exam by an opthalmologist at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or elsewhere, then take the prescription to eurooptic.

Liked

I have always used Tops Charoen. They may be a bit higher priced but I have always gotten good and prompt service and they have shops in many cities in Thailand. They carry progressive lens glasses and frequently run specials. There is a shop off Beach Road as I recall near PAn Pan Pizza as I recall on one of the walkways intersecting with Beach Road.

I also scan my prescriptions, etc and put into an email to myself, so I can always access it wherever I go and not have to worry about losing the piece of paper. Perhaps too late for this time, but something to consider in future visits.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

david; assuming your lens are intact the prescription can be copied from them. But if an old script then better to have an eye exam, etc.

Liked

Avoid Top Charon like the plague! I broke my frames on my progressive glasses and took them into Top Charon for a new frame, they said they couldn't repair the titanium frame but had frames that would fit. After a couple of days I got my glasses back but something was not right, I went to eurooptic and they said they could repair the old frame but when we removed the lenses they had been cut to fit and were useless. In the end I wore a spare pair of single vision glasses and when I went home got two new pairs.

Liked

An arm on my glasses gave out. I went to one of those shops on Second Road near Boyztown and left it for repair.
    When I got home I found that they had fitted a new arm but without a backspring... and the arm didnt operate properly.
    So I went returned.
    The guy went out to the back and worked on it for about 15 mins and gave them back to me . It was straightened but again with no backspring. I muttered "Oh Fuck it, OK",with the intention of getting a new arm fitted when I got home to the UK. I put them in the case and went back to my apartment.
    When I opened the case later I saw the bastard had put a 1/2 in gouge right across one of the lens. Presumably with a screwdriver while he tried to bodge the arm. Totally goosed.
    The upshot was that the loss of one arm cost me a whole new pair of varifocal lens and frames...about ┬г450.
    So...leave it until you are next at home, or of you live permantly in Thailand, well... good luck!

Liked

Thank guys.

I emailed my optometrist and I got the prescription.

I was very impressed with Dr. Maria Abalon at EuroOptic.

I purchased a new pair of glasses which will be ready next week.

Thanks for your assistance.