Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai's wearing glasses ?

Thai's wearing glasses ?

I just noticed the following piece this morning on the BBC news website basically saying that there's been a massive rise in the number of school children ( up to 90%!!! ) right across SE Asia ( in which I'm assuming they are also including Thailand) who now becoming VERY very short sighted due to factors such as them not getting enough day light and studying too hard.

This then lead me to to think " actually now that I think about it I can't recall seeing too many / ANY Thai guys ever wearing glasses when I've been out and about in Thailand ?!!" ( apart from for fashion reasons perhaps and half times then only wearing frames with no actual glass in them) - so am I dreaming here or are glasses just not "that" common / popular with Thai guys or Thai people generally ?? And if that is the case is that maybe because of the cost of eye care and simply a money thing and also if so does that then also mean that most of Thai guys are walking around half blind most of the time ! - which perhaps could explain both their dodgy driving skills and also how the boys can say things like "I think you handsome man" etc when clearly some of us (including myself) are anything but perhaps ! :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17942181

Liked

Re: Thai's wearing glasses ?

As you say NIrish Guy, many do not seem to wear glasses. I used to take one of my friends to the dentist on my annual visit. One time he asked if he could get new glasses instead of going to the dentist. I took him to the Beauty Glasses across from Boys Town on Second Rd.
    He chose white frames, that seems a bit much for me but he liked them so he was happy to replace his scratched glasses. While many do not seems to have glasses i suspect many have glasses but don't wear them as they are old, or scratched and just don't want to spend the baht to get new ones. As an aside, I also made sure my friend went to the dentist's office while I was there in Pattaya.

There's also the factor that many of the boys "we" come into contact with are commercial boys and spectacles are not seen as particularly attractive - when was the last time you saw more than one bespectacled gogo boy on the stage?

I had the experience 3 yrs ago to take off a boy from Screw Boy In BKK,very attractive and had a great night -so much so I invited him to meet me in my hotel the next evening around 7pm. Because he was not doing gogo that night, he arrived with his glasses on and (to my shame) I had to ask him who he was! We still had a good 2 weeks together because I liked his personality- but he did look completely different with the specs on.

Later on, I might tell you about the 18yo dwarf I picked up in Manchester :sign5:

Liked

that'll be a short story, scottie :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

why did you pick him up ?? did he fall over .. or couldnt he see over the counter ??
    oops gone off topic already ..
    * reminder to self* ... start a new thread titled ....... why did scotty pick up a dwarf

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    There's also the factor that many of the boys "we" come into contact with are commercial boys and spectacles are not seen as particularly attractive - when was the last time you saw more than one bespectacled gogo boy on the stage?
    Maybe not on a gogo stage, but on gayromeo I see pictures of boys with glasses, often just a frame, and it is slightly disconcerting because I prefer boys without glasses. Fortunately, this trends doesn't seem to spread. And don't get me started on sunglasses!

Liked

I've met quite a few Thai guys wearing contact lenses. Which doesn't surprise me considering how much value on facial looks. I've never seen so many dental and skin clinics in my life as I see in Bangkok.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Later on, I might tell you about the 18yo dwarf I picked up in Manchester :sign5:

You want to be careful there Scottish as "apparently" they get very pissed off at people picking them up all the time and even more so if you throw them so I hear !! :-) - but I'm guessing that's not quite what you meant anyway :-) lol

I hope after the sex you didn't say "well, are you happy ?" with him replying "no I'm dopey" as that would just be TOO much !! lol he he I should stop now as I'm sure thatd fairly un P.C these days and I'd hate any dwarfs to start getting on their high horse out there........ although I guess on just thinking about it there almost NO chance of that ACTUALLY happening.....well, not without a pair of step ladders anyway !!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncat
    I've met quite a few Thai guys wearing contact lenses.
    Actually Cameroncat you're absolutely right there and now that I think about it several of my guys also wore lenses. Actually I remember the very first time I came across that situation and I swore the guy was doing drugs as he took SO long in the bath room and woudn't let me in etc and I knew it wasn't for obvious reasons :-) and was quite pissed off at him ( mainly as he wasn't bloody sharing I seem to recall at the time ha ha - but when I asked him that was it "taking out the lenses" and we both laughed about it.

Liked

NIrish Guy, for someone who objected to being called Paddy, I think your 'jokes' here are a bit off.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.