Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prescription Glasses

Prescription Glasses

Could anyone advise me of somewhere in Pattaya where i could have my eyes tested and perhaps new glasses issued.To have this done in N.Z.is extremely expensive.I thought if i could make a good saving,i could perhaps afford a few extra offs.Thanks in anticipation.

There is an optician's shop in Royal Garden Plaza (don't know the name), 1st floor I seem to remember, who do eye tests and prescription glasses. I got a pair of prescription sun-glasses there about 4 years ago at a quite reasonable price.

Find a shop that is not in the tourist area. They are cheaper. In July, I got a nice set of glasses with designer japanese frames at a shop in Bangkok that was recommended to me. I brought my own perscription copy. The glasses were $134 US. Same glasses in US would cost me $400 +

Gay optician, Pattaya

Just walk along the bath bus row direction Jomtien and along the school grounds. Soon after you will see at left on the same road side a blue (I thing "Beautiful")" optician sign.
    This good looking optician is openly gay, very friendly and knows his job well.
    And his is willing to offer best value for money.

He likes BoyzTown. Just invite him for a drink and have a chat. He can be an excellent source or informations ...

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNasty
    Find a shop that is not in the tourist area. They are cheaper. In July, I got a nice set of glasses with designer japanese frames at a shop in Bangkok that was recommended to me. I brought my own perscription copy. The glasses were $134 US.
    $134 is expensive, especially if you have provided your own prescription!!

My prescription sunglasses at the shop in Royal Garden cost me 3200 Baht (approx $85 US at the exchange rate at the time) and that was with the eye test included. The frames were not a top of the range brand but were stylish and perfectly adequate (and still are 4 years later).

Liked
    Can you advise the name or location of the place in BKK as the one I previously used closed. I bought my last several pair of glasses in Thailand and it was much cheaper than US.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Opticians

I have been using the same guy since 1994 when I lost a lens in Bangkok. I have had several pairs of glasses from him as has a friend and all have been satisfactory. I compared his prices with various shops in MBK and he came out a Best Buy!

Mr Somchok, Manager, Optic Square, Central World Plaza 02 613 1030 - it's on the second floor by B2S bookshop. Eye tests are free - they have a very sophisticated computerized machine. They are part of a small chain of about 14 branches.

I currently have some Tag Heuer frames which are a bit pricey but smart and a delight to wear. They are tungsten and have no hinges but were pricey at about 12,000 baht with the lenses. I have plastic varifocals tinted blue - many friends have since bought blue tinted sexy-specs.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Opticians

Quote Originally Posted by wowpow-beta
    many friends have since bought blue tinted sexy-specs.
    Then they are in the 60s mood.....DFF...

Dedicated Followers of Fashion.

You, if follows, are Leader of the Gang..

I wanna be in your gang your gang your gang etc etc

Re: Opticians

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    I wanna be in your gang your gang your gang etc etc
    Don't say that out loud! Someone might think you want to join Gary Glitter chasing after under-age kids :geek: :cheers:

Liked
    I have purchased glasses 3 times in the last 3 years from Thailand ( the middle time replacements for a chip ) The first pair I purchased were not great and i found that I had a stygmatisim that had not been taken into account when dispensing. The Optition in NZ said that this was so I could receive STOCK glasses.

The second time I had an eye test in Auckland and took a prescription with me - much better result.