Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Soi Twilight

Liked

Bangkok Soi Twilight

Arrived in Bangkok last night so took a short visit to Soi Twilight tonight. Had dinner at the new and expanded Dick's Cafe. Tables were all full except one seat and street appeared to be very busy.

My first stop was Oceans in the former site of Future Boys. The renovation is quite nice with comfortable sofas and new stage and area for Coyote Dancers. Ordered a Diet Coke and it took a ridiculous amount of time for it to come but since I really consider it as an entrance fee id din't really care.

Was given a cold towel and some chips which is a nice touch.

Now I know that Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder but for this beholder , the 30 or 40 boys that were rotating were some of the most unattractive boys I have ever seen in a GO Go Bar in Thailand. There was not one boy I would have offed for free. I recognize others may have a different take so take a look if you are there.

Next I went to Xboys which has been my favorite for a long time. Some familiar faces and a few new ones. Some cute boys and by comparison, far more attractive then Oceans IMHO.

Next X Size. Up the stairs and as I entered the Bar I saw more cute boys in 15 seconds , then I had seen all night. Now I am a face person and that is what attracts me and then look at the rest as the parade continues. There were probably 40-50 boys and at least 10 I would have taken on face alone.

Unfortunately my favorites were of the straight variety and had no intention of being Bottoms. But there were others who certainly would have , but alas I was too tired to partake. I left as soon as the show started.(I hate shows)

That was enough for me . I think the drinks were 240 everywhere except I only paid 200 at Oceans because the mamasan was embarrassed about how long it took to bring my change.

Liked

Re: Bangkok Soi Twilight

UGG!
    Your UGG's are showing...
    and our jinks will be here soon.
    SPAM...Bye, Bye.
    tj
    Tj

Liked

I have to concur about Ocean. I have never seen so many 40+ year old gogo "boys". But there was a variety...I'd guess from 18 to 50ish. I saw a few guys there with cute faces but their bodies were just too much skin and bones. Drink price was only 200 when I was there.

Wish I had known about X Size... I am a face person too.

I posted on another forum about my evening in Soi Twilight on Monday night. The Boys Bangkok/Dream Boys were packed for their show Monday night. Lots of very handsome guys there. Drinks ridiculously overpriced due to the "special show" which is really not special at all.

Unfortunately I only had a couple of days in Bangkok this trip.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    Had dinner at the new and expanded Dick's Cafe. Tables were all full except one seat and street appeared to be very busy.
    Heh... I like having dinner in this soi sometimes. if you're by yourself, it makes for great people watching! Never a dull moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Had dinner at the new and expanded Dick's Cafe. Tables were all full except one seat and street appeared to be very busy.
    Heh... I like having dinner in this soi sometimes. if you're by yourself, it makes for great people watching! Never a dull moment.
    Beachy, darling I'm starting to worry about you.............you find a procession of prostitutes and morbidly obese and decrepit farangs to be entertaining?

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Beachy, darling I'm starting to worry about you.............you find a procession of prostitutes and morbidly obese and decrepit farangs to be entertaining?
    You've missed the point - he thinks they're admiring him!

Liked

I ate at Dick's CAfe once and I vowed never again. Service was arrogant [even by Thai standards] and the Gai Hor Bai Toey was the very worst I have ever had, tough little chunks of almost cold chicken still dripping from the oil, not marinated, not wrapped properly, not served with that wonderful tamarind sauce....when they cannot even get the simple standard dishes right they are not worth bothering with.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by danny99
    I ate at Dick's CAfe once ....when they cannot even get the simple standard dishes right they are not worth bothering with.
    danny, I concur, although I have given them 3 shots and each time they came up short. There is simply too much food readily available to put up with badly prepared and more expensive fare.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by danny99
    I ate at Dick's CAfe once and I vowed never again. Service was arrogant [even by Thai standards] and the Gai Hor Bai Toey was the very worst I have ever had, tough little chunks of almost cold chicken still dripping from the oil, not marinated, not wrapped properly, not served with that wonderful tamarind sauce....when they cannot even get the simple standard dishes right they are not worth bothering with.
    I completely agree with Danny99. I was there last October with my Thai mate. The steaks were "black" , the french fries cold and snotty. I complained at the ...very arrogant ...young falang manager. He did not even answer , turned his back to us and dissappeared in the crowd of Soi Twilight. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

You are all being too harsh -

I find Dick's is a great place to go at 10am for that "breakfast whisky" you can't get elsewhere.

:occasion9: :occasion9: