Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soi Twilight Bangkok Report

Liked

Soi Twilight Bangkok Report

Last night, first rain free night all week, I went out for a soi Twilight visit. There had been some recent posts of 500 Baht off fees and the suspension of the sex shows, neither of which I found to be the case last night. In fact, since I was taking a survey on off-fees, I was quickly offered discounts of 200B and another of 300B, but the official fee is 400B and drinks tonight were 220.

There quite a few customers, might have something to do with the clear weather. None of the bars were full to the brim but had more than I would have expected for a weeknight.

There are a few changes. A new open lounge type bar opened next to Maxies, cute waiters, message.com or something. X-Boys is closed, sign taken down, across from Future boys, some construction going on inside. Early in the evening there was a new sign, " A New Bar Here" at the old entrance but then that sign disappeared. There are now three massage venues, Red Massage, Bonny and the new one, Bang Kok. The sign for Bang Kok massage also disappeared, it's next to Fresh Beach boys. Maxies is doing well and many of the Dick's Cafe regulars have moved over to Maxies. Excellent food and drinks not that Dick's is bad.

The massage venues keep changing what the boys are wearing and the bars keep tweaking the names and signs but over all it's really same-same with the exception of Future boys.

Future boys has been getting some bad reports but has made some major changes. There must have been over 50 boys and of all types, a few lady boys trainees and want-a-be's, some Thai-Chi's, some that looked Japanese and some twinks. There is a new very good show, a new fancy lighting system and very nice waiters and staff. Music very loud though.

Hotmale has quite a few boys, mostly Issan and mostly poochai. The show is a mix of acts and many of the bar boys can if they are up to it perform at will, so consistency is a problem but some night are very good.

The BBB group, 2 bars in 1, two shows for the cost of one, or something is really, we don;t have the business for two bars so one is closed had about 30 boys, the sign says 100 boys, maybe 70 were off'ed. Same group, mostly pochai but some lady boys mama sans, waters and performers. The owner, a short no-neck German constantly chewing gum paces back and forth and never speaks to customers.

The X group, down to two bars now, unless they are remaking one. Coyote dancers and new shows. Mix of types. Thai owner and lots of Asian customers.

Classic Boys, no changes. The melodramatic Thai Chi owner does not like change, about 1/3 fem boys and the rest a mix.

On the way home I passed Screw Boys and was told that they now are staying open until 4am.

E Dok Tong

Re: Soi Twilight Bangkok Report

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Hotmale has quite a few boys, mostly Issan and mostly poochai.
    For those who don't "get" TrongpaiExpat's pretentious use of Thai words in the middle of an English post, "poochai" means "man". I've always thought you had to be a man to work as a go-go boy in a male go-go bar but apparently TrongpaiExpat is of the view that "man" = "real man" ie. gay men are not men

Hummingturd knows very well that "poochai" in Thai gay parlance means "a straight male".

Liked
    Thanks for the report, I arrive back in LOS in a couple of days and this was perfectly timed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Thanks Trongpaiexpert !... I'll drop by for a perve when I'm there...

Seriously, I wonder why you can't get this anywhere else in the world (that I know of).... not even in the Sydney... where "apparently" half the population is gay... (not!)

There had been some recent posts of 500 Baht off fees and the suspension of the sex shows, neither of which I found to be the case last night. In fact, since I was taking a survey on off-fees, I was quickly offered discounts of 200B and another of 300B, but the official fee is 400B and drinks tonight were 220.
    Which bar was this? Are you saying it's negotiable if you protest? If so, it's good news.

X-Boys is closed, sign taken down, across from Future boys, some construction going on inside.
    A small correction, I think. If it's across from Future Boys, it would either have been Beach Boys or X-size, not X boys. I was in X-boys (that's the first go-go bar on your right as you enter Soi Twilight) less than a week ago, and it was open as usual.

The BBB group, 2 bars in 1, two shows for the cost of one, or something is really, we don;t have the business for two bars so one is closed had about 30 boys, the sign says 100 boys, maybe 70 were off'ed.
    In my report, (see http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2922-15.html) I doubted if their offs were as many as that. Very often, in the hour or so before a show, many of the boys are backstage getting ready, so the 30 you see on rotation aren't all that's available. In any case, I never believe the hype about "100 boys" in the first place. As for crowds, for the 10.30 show, they do have enough traffic to run shows in both Boys Bangkok and Dream Boys (and it was packed in the latter), but the great majority of the customers don't off a boy, leaving immediately after the show. Then for the second show, BBB Group don't even have enough customers to fill one bar, let alone two. So, for those who are visiting after many months, don't be alarmed if you find DreamBoys closed after 11.30 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Hotmale has quite a few boys, mostly Issan and mostly poochai.
    For those who don't "get" TrongpaiExpat's pretentious use of Thai words in the middle of an English post, "poochai" means "man". I've always thought you had to be a man to work as a go-go boy in a male go-go bar but apparently TrongpaiExpat is of the view that "man" = "real man" ie. gay men are not men
    That's the best bit of information you have given yet! Keep it up!

Liked
    macaroni21, yea right the one across from Future Boys, used to be X-Something. X-Size, upstairs is still open. Tonight at the vacant bar, one sign said "OPEN New Bar Comming Soon This Here" If that makes any sense and the other " We Have New Boy New Show and Billy Boy" , oh no not Billy boy! Maybe that's the name of the new bar?

There was a sign in Thai asking for bar boys, waiters and bar tenders, must have Thai ID and be over 20. I was told this is going to be a new independent.

I was in Boys Bangkok for the first show and was told the bar was closing at midnight, " Police come" It would have been a busy night but they were turning away customers. I was told they did not want customers being "inconvenienced" by the police. A huge contingent of cops were making their way though the lady bars in Patpong and Soi Twilight seem convinced that they were headed over our way. I was told I could sit outside and have a drink but they did not want me getting trapped inside the bar by the police.

Even with the Police around the bend the sex show went on, for a while anyway.

I did not stick around to see if the police ever came to Soi Twilight but noticed them in Patpong on my way home and all the bars were light up and silent. I noticed a few bar girls fleeing out of Patpong with haste. I tried to see if customers were being pee tested or detained but could not get near enough. The police blocked entry on Silom and Suriwong but left an escape hole over by Foodland.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Man... doesn't sound too friendly with all this police raids and all!

Nice that the bar owners didn't want you getting "trapped" inside when the police came. Good of them to think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Man... doesn't sound too friendly with all this police raids and all!
    It's to support the Tourism Authority's slogan "Amazing Thailand"