Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soi Twilight Bangkok Status Report

Liked

Soi Twilight Bangkok Status Report

I don't know if it's the heavy evening rain, a weekday or this approaching high season has get to get into gear but the soi was dead. I was on the soi on Tuesday night and again tonight, Thursday, and there was not much going on.

I went into Dream Boys on Tuesday night and drinks were jacked up to 260B I came for the 10:30 show, it started at 10:45. The show was quite bad, no sex, and no real nudity, just erections covered by under ware/swimsuits. There was a little flashing, very little but that's it. I don't mind paying 260 for a drink, even buy a boy drink and pay around 500+ if there's a show but with no show, to speak of, it's just a bar with boys. There were a lot of them and some were quite good looking but with 500+ off fees, I don't see many getting off'ed.

After this disappointing showing I went in search for a second show but none would confirm that there was going to be anything interesting so I left. I looked in a few and there were no customers. Lots of new boys, some lookers, all types.

Tonight I returned to see if the situation has changed. We had an excellent dinner at Maxies and asked around about the status of the shows. You get as many reasons for no sex shows as there are door men. The Police are often a convient excuse but I was also told that there's just no customers to justify paying for a sex performer. It rained again tonight around 9:30.

It often seems that the BBB group sets the stage on soi Twilight. They raise the prices and every one matches them, they close early and the rest close, they suspend the sex show and the rest follow. I don't know, perhaps they have just priced themselves out of a steady stream of customers.

I walked over to Patpong and looked in a few of the lady bars and their shows were going on as usual, so this bullshit about the police is very suspect. I really don't think they just target the gay bars.

Maybe this weekend things will pick up and the situation will be back to "normal".

E Dok Tong

Re: Soi Twilight Bangkok Status Report

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Maybe this weekend things will pick up and the situation will be back to "normal".
    I do hope so. Beach Bunny and I are due to meet up for our usual Friday evening drink @Richards and then we plan on heading off to Soi Twilight in time for a show.

Liked

I sometimes wonder whether the Soi Twilight bars have priced themselves over what the market will bear.
    There must be many dancers every night who do not get an off.
    I believe they do get 100 B appearance money, but this hardly is a living.

At 250 B for a drink, and 500 B for an off, a customer is 1000 B out of pocket before leaving the bar. The tip doubles this 1000 b, if not more.

Not an impossible amount of money, but enough to make many consider their options.

I agree that the BBB group seems to lead the market.

Are their costs, including BIB, enough to justify these prices, or is there a greed factor here?

I admit to not knowing, maybe others wil have more knowledge.
    (Though I notice that lack of knowledge is rarely an impediment to posting facts in this forum, eg BU).
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Interesting. Guess itтАЩs all a matter of perspective. I was also on Soi Twilight last night. Had my first dinner at Maxis . . . boring. And yup, it did rain around 9:30 - quite hard for about 5 minutes. I visited X-Size . . . must have had about 50 guys there and by the time the show started at 10:30 the place was fairly well packed. There is a nudity/fucking ban on its way again and most bars are already limiting what they show. X-Size had plenty of both going on (#2 mamasan stayed downstairs as a look out for the police while the show was going on). Drinks at X-Size, BTW, are 220 baht . . . the place is run by a few of the old crew from Future Boys before it took such a serious yaba induced downturn.

If I can conquer my fear of dealing with the unknown, I might try switching from bars to GayRomeo sometimes. Anyway, I'll stay away from Soi Twilight, maybe head for Solid and its neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3

Are their costs, including BIB, enough to justify these prices, or is there a greed factor here?

I'll give you three guesses, Einstein.

Liked

Not an impossible amount of money, but enough to make many consider their options.
    One of the other options is the massage venues which are gaining in popularity and numbers. 1,500B total for your choice of a boy, a room and sex. Compare that to a soi Twilight bar 500 for two drinks, 100 tips, 500 off, 500 BBB Inn and a min 1000 short time tip, total 2,600B or about 3000B with some miscellaneous extras. About twice the cost of a one hour massage/sexual encounter.

I think it was Future Boys that started the after midnight 100B happy hour drinks. A few followed but it's not consistent.

Classic boys started open a bottle and you get a free off an offer that is also not consistent.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

A beer at Soild bar now costs 120B; it used to cost 100B a year ago. Off fee is still 300B. Lately they have a number of cute guys, smallish but nice & friendly.

Liked

I stopped at Solid the other night. I used to go there regularly because everything was reasonable and boys were quite happy with 1000 baht .

The other night the boys were ok but one stood out for me. He was a gay boy and loved the sex. I gave him 1200 which for me was 200 more then I ever gave a boy at Solid. He wanted 1500 . I gave it to him. He was worth it . Don't know if all boys there now expect that but if so they are in line with Twilight Bars , at least in my travels.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by neddy3

I'll give you three guesses, Einstein.
    They don't need to justify their prices with costs. They're pricing to extract as much cash from customers as possible. If enough customers are willing to pay that amount, why charge less? The more you can charge the better... any price increases are pure margin.