I just noticed the following piece this morning on the BBC news website basically saying that there's been a massive rise in the number of school children ( up to 90%!!! ) right across SE Asia ( in which I'm assuming they are also including Thailand) who now becoming VERY very short sighted due to factors such as them not getting enough day light and studying too hard.

This then lead me to to think " actually now that I think about it I can't recall seeing too many / ANY Thai guys ever wearing glasses when I've been out and about in Thailand ?!!" ( apart from for fashion reasons perhaps and half times then only wearing frames with no actual glass in them) - so am I dreaming here or are glasses just not "that" common / popular with Thai guys or Thai people generally ?? And if that is the case is that maybe because of the cost of eye care and simply a money thing and also if so does that then also mean that most of Thai guys are walking around half blind most of the time ! - which perhaps could explain both their dodgy driving skills and also how the boys can say things like "I think you handsome man" etc when clearly some of us (including myself) are anything but perhaps ! :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17942181