There seems (to me ) have been a concerted effort by the motorbike taxi drivers to increase the fares in the last few months

It als seemed to be 50b was the base price on a lot of the routes i commonly take - ie Mosaik to Jomtien ,
Now the base is 60 for same routes -- although if you are firm with them ,or show them that u will walk away (which i do to them on a reg basis ) they will settle for the normal 50b fare

Its als a good idea to get the quote before u get on the bike- they have tried to pull a fast one a lot more lately i find (sign of the poor economic times ??-)
But the thai attitude to less customers is to increase prices on the ones they have is it not ??

One taxi guy really tried it on with us on NYEve - A taxi from my place to Dave is 70 bhat normally -- this guy asked for 300 ( i actually thought he said 200 and had said no way to that price , I had told him i wanted 20 b back change from the 200 i was handing him ,that way i way giving him a little extra for NYEve in my mind !! )
300 !!!!!!!
Anyway we were having none of it !! and my guy ( who is normally a very shy person) gave out like mad to him ,and he handed back the 20 from the 200 !

Anybody else noticed this around the place ??

Fxxk me i must be bored to be writing about taxis at 1 am in the morning -

well yes i am ,have been waiting for certain friends to get ready since 11.45 :banghead:
Better get to Dave quick before Colmx hoovers up all the cute guys from his vantage point up on the left hand ledge :laughing3: :laughing3: