Last night, first rain free night all week, I went out for a soi Twilight visit. There had been some recent posts of 500 Baht off fees and the suspension of the sex shows, neither of which I found to be the case last night. In fact, since I was taking a survey on off-fees, I was quickly offered discounts of 200B and another of 300B, but the official fee is 400B and drinks tonight were 220.

There quite a few customers, might have something to do with the clear weather. None of the bars were full to the brim but had more than I would have expected for a weeknight.

There are a few changes. A new open lounge type bar opened next to Maxies, cute waiters, message.com or something. X-Boys is closed, sign taken down, across from Future boys, some construction going on inside. Early in the evening there was a new sign, " A New Bar Here" at the old entrance but then that sign disappeared. There are now three massage venues, Red Massage, Bonny and the new one, Bang Kok. The sign for Bang Kok massage also disappeared, it's next to Fresh Beach boys. Maxies is doing well and many of the Dick's Cafe regulars have moved over to Maxies. Excellent food and drinks not that Dick's is bad.

The massage venues keep changing what the boys are wearing and the bars keep tweaking the names and signs but over all it's really same-same with the exception of Future boys.

Future boys has been getting some bad reports but has made some major changes. There must have been over 50 boys and of all types, a few lady boys trainees and want-a-be's, some Thai-Chi's, some that looked Japanese and some twinks. There is a new very good show, a new fancy lighting system and very nice waiters and staff. Music very loud though.

Hotmale has quite a few boys, mostly Issan and mostly poochai. The show is a mix of acts and many of the bar boys can if they are up to it perform at will, so consistency is a problem but some night are very good.

The BBB group, 2 bars in 1, two shows for the cost of one, or something is really, we don;t have the business for two bars so one is closed had about 30 boys, the sign says 100 boys, maybe 70 were off'ed. Same group, mostly pochai but some lady boys mama sans, waters and performers. The owner, a short no-neck German constantly chewing gum paces back and forth and never speaks to customers.

The X group, down to two bars now, unless they are remaking one. Coyote dancers and new shows. Mix of types. Thai owner and lots of Asian customers.

Classic Boys, no changes. The melodramatic Thai Chi owner does not like change, about 1/3 fem boys and the rest a mix.

On the way home I passed Screw Boys and was told that they now are staying open until 4am.