Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Tawana Hotel Gay Friendly

Liked

Is Tawana Hotel Gay Friendly

My hotel booking engine says it is, but it says that about every hotel in Bangkok, but I seem to remember different opinions expressed here. However, the current rate is nicely discounted so have people had less than friendly experiences lately or is it worth giving the place a try?

Re: Is Tawana Hotel Gay Friendly

Just brought a boy back to the Tawana one night. Instead of walking past the security desk, we went round the other side of the elevator (lift). I think they glanced at us, but didn't say anything.

I got the feeling that the staff tolerated gays, rather than it being a "gay friendly" hotel. Could be wrong. Most guests seemed to be part of (straight) tour groups.

Next time I'll go back to Tarntanwan Place, or try the Glitz or Rose for the first time. Someone also said the Meridien was gay friendly. Look around on this forum. You'll see references to most of the gay friendly hotels in the Silom-Suriwongse area.

Liked

I just book this hotel ,Is someone experiences lately with the Tawana ?
    Is it gay friendly?
    joiner fee ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ;111173
    ....Next time I'll go back to Tarntanwan Place....
    I heard a rumour somewhere that it's been taken over, so if you do go back please be sure to make extensive enquiries (including telephoning/emailing former employees) and let us know if anything at all has changed, including all the names of any new staff and a copy of the breakfast menu which we can examine for discrepancies.

In fact, if you could detail any observations on the above within a new topic on the very matter, it would assist greatly.

Thanks ever so much

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 2nd, 2017)

Liked

To everything Scottish wrote. Please don't. He is a well known agent 😎 for this place and shoehorns it into every thread. He should not be using this board for personal gain. BTW, If you get to Pattaya I can certainly recommend 🍷 Deli Diner🍮 for excellent food 🍕 and good service. 🍽 😉😉😉
    Last edited by arsenal; May 2nd, 2017 at 15:41.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In my not so limited experience I have found all hotels to be gay friendly...as long as one doesnt flaunt ones sexuality in their faces...Thais are masters of looking but not seeing...

Liked

First I made a booking to the Siam Heritage but I undrestood that it's nothing like the pictures they're advertising some of the rooms don't have windows (!) and the rooms are dated and need urgent renovation so I cancelled my reservation, then considered the Tarntawan but undrestood that it lost its charm once the Swiss owner sold it last year so unwillingly decided to book the Tawana hotel, hope it will be OK for my last 3 nights in Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    ...some of the rooms don't have windows...
    This reminds me of the Suriwongse Hotel even after its limited renovations many years ago.

A friend and I (having stayed there before) re-booked after they had created/renovated the top floor "suites" and I booked one of those at 2400B per night.

Meanwhile I persuaded my friend who is one of those people whose attitude is "The room is just for sleeping, give me your cheapest", to splurge out and book not the very cheapest "standard" room at about 500B but a "deluxe" at about 600B which for the extra £2 was claimed to feature a fridge and a window.

On arrival, my room was brand new, quite luxurious, and I was very happy with it so I went downstairs to see his.

My eyes were immediately drawn to the bedcover which being actually no more than a large towel, just about summed up the sleazy nature of the room. The fridge of course was both noisy and empty.

"Oh well" I said, moving over to the curtained window "..at least you have a window for your extra £2" and I pulled the curtains apart to reveal......

..... a brick wall

Forum's veteran
    Liked

why do u need a window in BKK...not like u gonna open it in that weather.....and sure...yeah right...u...scottish and all shelled out 2400 for a room....and pigs fly...u gotta be careful before sturgeon cancels your passport..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ....and pigs fly.....
    My dear Poxxy - pigs clearly do fly!

On China Southern apparently