List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lek Hotel in Soi 13 Pattaya----Is it gay friendly ?

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Lek Hotel in Soi 13 Pattaya----Is it gay friendly ?

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of Lek Hotel in Soi 13.
    Have booked there for April to May and want to know if it is Gay friendly.
    Thanxs.

Liked

Re: Lek Hotel in Soi 13 Pattaya----Is it gay friendly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dani69
    Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of Lek Hotel in Soi 13.
    Have booked there for April to May and want to know if it is Gay friendly.
    Thanxs.
    Why would you book so far ahead then come here to ask is it gay friendly

If it mattered to you, why did you not ask first. After all you have just gone home from 5 weeks in Pattaya, so you are not a newbie
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Well i booked early because it was at a very reasonable price and I am asking now so that I have ample time to cancel the booking.
    True I should have enquired before I made the booking but it was kind of a rushed thing.
    Thanks for you input.

Lek Hotel

I asked the same question about Lek Hotel some time ago - so it may pay to do a search...
    Anyway, there were positives posted about it. The reason I asked was the pool factor and also apparently their buffet is good - the thai boys like it if that is any reccommendation. Advice is to stay in the new part and request a room overlooking the pool. No problem with joiners.
    Plus is close to boyztown etc etc.
    If you are looking for a hotel with pool you may want to try Welcome Plaza acroos the road. Great pool, gay friendly, rooms are a bit run down but you will have a balcony with great views over Pattaya Bay. Forget the breakfast buffet - eat elsewhere.
    Hope this is helpful.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Lek Hotel again

There was an ample supply of joiners (of all sexes) throughout the hotel when I stayed in their тАЬnew wingтАЭ in February of this year and I didnтАЩt notice any of the front desk staff reacting one way or the other about any of them. The pool area that adjoins the dining area was quite well maintained, as was most of the place.

IтАЩd gotten a good rate through Asia Travel Reservation Service (examples below in italics) although these rates are for CASH, add 4% if you want to use VISA or M/C. The following was cut/pasted from the Asia Travel website I'd used to book it. In February the Lek wasn't participating with other booking sites.

A Standard single /double room is at baht 850 net (Main Wing)
    A Standard single /double /twin room is at baht 1,200 net (New Wing)
    A Deluxe single /double room is at baht 1,800 net
    All of the above rates are inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% Government Tax (not include breakfast) per room per night.

The link to browse rates, etc. is at http://hotel.asiatravel.com/reservation ... c=694&pm=0 . Email response wasnтАЩt lightning fast but they were better than some.

The Lek certainly isnтАЩt anything fancy but the rooms and furniture were in decent shape, the staff was helpful and personable and I noticed some falang locals go there as non-guests just for the (I believe Bt100) breakfast buffet. Most of the items were Western but there were also some Asian dishes my friend enjoyed.

The only drawback for me is that there are NO non-smoking rooms in the entire hotel. They state this in their information, but thereтАЩs no getting away from the "Eau du Walter Raleigh" anywhere inside the building. IтАЩd stayed there knowing that (itтАЩs a long story) so canтАЩt complain, but IтАЩd forgotten how invasive cigarettes can be in an enclosed area: the smell when the bellman opened the room door for me almost knocked me over, and any surface that wasnтАЩt regularly wiped down was slightly tacky from it. Obviously the drapes and carpets reeked but leaving the sliding patio door open as much as possible helped a lot.

If youтАЩre a non-smoker, beware. If you smoke, youтАЩll probably like the place just fine.

Good to hear positive info thanks for that.
    I did book through Asia travel and they were very efficient.
    Looks like i wont be cancelling after all.
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Liked

Just curious

Just curious, but why a 10% service charge ? I can see the tax being added in but why a service charge.

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Service charge

I am not sure but believe the service charge is really a city tax on rooms. Not sure but I thought many years ago that is what I was told.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Fattman: no, not at all is that the case. It may even pay off to simly refuse to pay anything unannounced before. IF there is any citytax at all in PTY-then this must also be q new thing.
    As to the question: the list of hotels in PTY that are NON-joiner (sex will hardly matter) friendly must be much, much smaller as the other way-after all this is sin-cities main breadwinner. Probably limited to a few trendy/boutique/hi-so/4-5*** places. I always use budget places and still have to meet any refusal re that.

gay(friendly) hotel WITH SWIMMINGPOOL

Does anyone have a recommendation for a gay or a gayfriendly hotel in pattaya with swimmingpool, where it's no problem to take boy(s) to your room. Most gay-hotels are guesthouses, without swimmingpool. But for me a swimmingpool is essential. Thanks for your advice. Hans, Holland.