All the Tarntawan Hotel posts seem awfully out of date so thought a new thread with recent update would be just the thing needed.

I do hope this thread does not attract the nasty little trolls who expand threads unnecessarily by adding posts about why they don't like the length of the Tarntawan threads and lengthen them by doing so, in fact the other Tarntawan threads are so full of padded out irrelevant (to the subject)posts from these irritating people, those actually interested in the progress of the Tarntawan have to wade through dozens of them to reach relevant content. Anyway.............

Can report from my own observations of a few days ago very little has actually changed in relation to our enjoying a stay here as in the past. Everything is not the same, as would be expected with new owners, but the occupancy level has changed to 'almost full'....'very busy' as were the comments from the long standing members of staff who kept their jobs.

I used their new website to book and for the first time didn't use/ask for/offered 'friends of Tarntawan' rate. In fact the rate was cheaper than previously as I used one of the booking options for advance non-breakfast and executive room, but they just took payment on check out as usual. Nice Suriwong room on 4th floor, good WiFi. Business centre still there on reception floor with free use of computers and printer. Same chaps on lift/overnight guest duty, normal shifts between them. Young lady (new staff) on reception actually remembered us from last stay in Oct but doorman/bellboy made sure I was given good room choice as we listened in on their deliberations of our check-in.

Everything in room same as..same as...everything working DVD/TV/Kettle etc.. Only negatives is that there are less staff to deal with arrivals and departures, but not a real problem, it just means all hands on deck most of the time. Friend visited with car and car park room was made with security keeping car keys as usual and moving car as needed. When checking out bellboy busy with Japanese golfers...same as most visits, so liftboy organised big taxi from street for airport run.

The times we came and went saw a few of the usual gay gentlemen with Thai friends also coming and going, a few Asian mixed sexes, no throngs of Chinese, but plenty of the usual Japanese. Honestly could see little difference. Room service menu not in room! but took a copy from the cocktail bar and we ordered our normal items which were excellent as usual. Took a bit longer than previously to answer and deliver room service, with a big apology from the usual room service lady who said so very, very, busy today! Very long time since I heard very very busy and Tarntawan in the same sentence.

Did somebody mention chocolate in the room minibar in a previous thread? my room had non-chocolate which they charged for along with a non-razor. There are a few items in the room minibar but no list so I had no idea what was there or missing, I only know I used none of their offerings so razor and chocolate removed from bill and the Bt300 they were going to charge for nothing went to reception girl, liftboy and bellboy.

Just a normal, usual experience at the Tarntawan Surawong Hotel. So have booked for June again. The long standing staff were very appreciative of our business and took time to update boyfriend about what was going on, apparently there will be changes/upgrades where needed, but to be started in low season. They also said there are many returning customers just like ourselves. So for us, at the moment no need to look elsewhere.