Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel

Liked

Tarntawan Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Tarntawan since the renovations? Has the bathrooms been renovated as well? Is there a major improvement? Your comments would be appreciated.

Liked

Tarntawan Hotel status

Stayed thre in Nov. seemed to me to be same-same.

Very poor hot water in my room; I was only staying two nights, otherwise would have left.

I'l probably stay there again, as it's the most convenient, but I sure wish they'd put some $$ into
    improvements.

Liked

Tartawan

I was there too in November and had booked a week with a double bed. When I checked in I was told, sorry no have big bed, only two small but on the new 8th floor, all new. I was told tomorrow we have big bed for you.

The room has new carpet and bed(s). There is a nice bedside AC control.

Next morning I got the same-same response, we very busy, no have big bed, see me tomorrow.

Next morning same-same. I checked out and moved over the the Pinnacle for half the price. Where I happen to be back to this week, if anyone needs any thing?

From what I could see, at least on one side of the 8th floor all the rooms have twin beds. Seems a very strange idea in a Gay hotel?
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    I have never had the problem of "double beds" at the Tarntawan but other requests have been ignored or "deferred" eg front facing room, non smoking floor etc.

I am still interested in other peoples experience because for all its faults i have found it good value and the staff very pleasant but the decor and the bathrooms were in urgent need of refurbishment.

thats your problem,dont start blaming us on here cause of the hotel,its not our fault.

Tarntawan

I visited a friends room on the 7th floor a few weeks back and it had been recently re-done and looked splendid. It was the rather safe but effective beige cream any white but had a nice air of comfort and high quality. The bathroom was very well light and sparkling clean and shiny. There were all the usual trimmigs big flat tv inroom safe slippeers and robes and takeable toiletries. He was very happy with the place and had no problems. I wonder if it was a 'superior room' at a supplement?

http://www.tarntawan.com/

Liked
    Mr Sydney, I was not "blaming" anyone. I thought that was very obvious. I was seeking other peoples experience and offering my own. That was what most sensible, rational and positive people who subscribe to a forum such as this seek to do. Unfortunately there are negative, bitter exceptions to every rule without naming names.

Staying at Tarntawan

I have stayed there four or five times now over the past eighteen months or so. The rooms were always lovely, but I have twice had the single bed problem.

I do agree that it seems a very strange thing to do in a gay hotel, even without the problem of having someone with you all night, I am so used to a large bed at home that I tend to fall out of small beds and give myself mild heart attacks!!

Not sure that it really earns the high price, I have never yet had a room with a safe in it. It is purely the convenience for me, and the fact that I am too lazy to move elsewhere!!

saying sorry

I should really hear you apologise to me"sydneyboy".

Tarntawan Place

Have just returned after two weeks at the Tarntawan. The room we had has been updated very nicely - (on the 8th (top) Floor) and my friend and I enjoyed the visit very much. The staff and service were, as always, superb.

The only complaints we had were (1) Noise from the adjacent room at early hours of the morning. This due to mostly to the connecting (locked) door, which not only permitted the excessive noise to penetrate but also the cigarette smoke! We were given another (similar) room without connecting door just down the hall and this proved to be great. (2) We agree, the hot water pressure was awful as usual - and it was a chore getting the right "mix" to take a shower -- forget taking a bath, by the time the tub had enough water in it you were too tired to bother. (3) The arm chairs in the bedroom are not for prolonged sitting - found them to be most uncomfortable after a while - but in Bangkok, who sits around their Hotel room for very long?

We have enjoyed several visits to this Hotel and will continue to return. The food is very good. Free Internet. And the free happy hour cocktail party on Wednesday (sometimes Thursday) is an added nice touch.

Although some think that this Hotel is a strictly Gay Hotel, this is really not the case. Very gay friendly - yes, and you do run into gay friends there you have met on previous visits. But, they also cater to a "mixed" clientele, which personally doesn't bother us in the least. We will probably be back in April next year.
    Hayjon