Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel pricing update.

Liked

Tarntawan Hotel pricing update.

Just for those who may be interested, The Tarntawan hotel is currently running a room promotion, they normally do something of this nature between now and October.

Last year it was a 'summer special" with the rooms from Sun night to Thurs night at special rates(deluxe rooms reduced from Bt2700 to Bt2200 and Suriwong rooms from Bt3,000 to Bt2,500) with Fri/Sat rooms remaining at normal prices.

This year from May 1st, the promotion is a 3 night stay for the price of 2. Which suits the short time Bangkok visitors such as myself, as I usually only stay 2-3 days in Bangkok at the start and the end of my Thailand visits.

This works out at a very reasonable Bt1,800 average per night for a 3 night stay in a deluxe room as opposed to the normal Bt2,700, which isn't that far away from the likes of OmYims equivalent sized room at Bt1550. And a Suriwong room normally at Bt3,000 per night, now for 3 nights coming in at an average Bt2,000 per night.

Runs from May until October, I don't know if other hotels in the area like The Rose also do quiet season promotions, but if not, certainly makes The Tarntawan a bit more competitive.

Re: Tarntawan Hotel pricing update.

It would be overpriced at half that rate. Fortunately (for them) they have a loyal clientele of rubes who would stay there no matter the price...just because they fly a rainbow flag outside.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Twat of All Twats
    It would be overpriced at half that rate. Fortunately (for them) they have a loyal client├иle of rubes who would stay there no matter the price...just because they fly a rainbow flag outside.
    Holy shit "Twat of All Twats"! You took the words right out of my mouth. "Rubes" indeed, the whole bloody lot of them at the Tarntawan!

Liked

There are much better deals in higher level Hotels in the same area - look on booking.com, agoda, asiarooms. Virtually everywhere gay friendly so why overpay for the rainbow flag?!

Once again, this is a rip off. Generally speaking, hotel prices are cheaper out of season, which makes sense. Another total rip off. "Oh that's a great deal" one might say, "***** idiot" the proprieter says. And to rub the salt in the wounds, Brits are paying 30% more due to the fluctuation of the currency.

That is a total rip off for a glorified dump that the Tarntawan is. Especially when newer, high end hotels in the same area offer much better for the same price.

Hah, I remember a couple of years ago when I stated this hotel was overpriced, ageing and poor value for money some of our members shouted me down. February 2008 was my last stay there, never have and never will again.
    So to all you loyal Tarntawan customers.....tell me I'm wrong again! I will accept apologies via PM from any of the fuck heads who thought or still think it's the "in" place to stay.

Ank look who th OP is...Alaan, LOL!
    You didn't answer my question last time "Alaan"...are you financially involved with the Tarnatawan Hotel????
    How is Dick's going?

Quote Originally Posted by bigaussieal
    Hah, I remember a couple of years ago when I stated this hotel was overpriced, ageing and poor value for money some of our members shouted me down. February 2008 was my last stay there, never have and never will again.
    So to all you loyal Tarntawan customers.....tell me I'm wrong again! I will accept apologies via PM from any of the fuck heads who thought or still think it's the "in" place to stay.
    Your mother enjoyed her stay when she went on vacation with you

Quote Originally Posted by getyournobout
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaussieal
    Your mother enjoyed her stay when she went on vacation with you
    She did indeed, that was before Mike's passing. Some semblance of organisation was evident then.