Well, it's newish having opened in December, part of the U Group which has hotels on Sukhumvit 49, Phuket and Chiang Mai amongst other locations. I noticed an ad which claimed it was off Sathorn Soi 1 and so decided to investigate.

It is in fact a good 150 - 200 meters from Soi 1. You turn right when you get to Ngamduplee, then left after about 60 meters or so and it's set on the right side about 100 meters along. A road I have only once before walked through and where I'd never expect a hotel. The location is really quiet and since the hotel is quite new, they are offering introductory rates at Bt. 2,499 тАУ but itтАЩs hard to find dates when that rate is available on their website. Having seen it pretty empty on my walk through, I suspect a phone call will obtain even better rates. Agoda has rooms at US$90.42 for 2 including tax, wifi and breakfast.

The hotel is low rise and set around a pool garden. From the website, the rooms look lovely. It is quite a hike to Lumpini MRT station, though, and I can't imagine taxis are plentiful in that area, especially at rush hour. But if you are looking for a more resort type hotel that is not too far from the nightlife, it might be worth considering.

The good thing about the U hotels is that you are guaranteed 24-hour room stays. So if you arrive at 11:00pm, you can check out at 11pm.

http://www.uhotelsresorts.com/usathornbangkok/