Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: where to stay in sathorn?

Liked

where to stay in sathorn?

Over the years I have almost stayed in Vincents when in Bkk. I really liked it as a home away from home. But alas now it has closed as a guesthouse. I know ofcourse Malaysia, and has stayed there aswell many times. It is really a good deal, but I have also found, that some of my friends were not too happy, when I told where I was staying. One sayed, it is okay to eat there, but I feel like a prostitute, going there, to your room. Even that he was, well let us just say a semi one.
    I want to stay in that area, and I know Pinnacle, but they charge a joiners fee, and Ibis is out of my mind, as it is totally non-smoking.
    So I would be happy for any recomandations. Any suggestions for a safe, clean and gayfriendly place, in the range from 900 to 1500 Baht range and in the same area.

Liked

Re: where to stay in sathorn?

If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you? Thai?

Liked

> Any suggestions for a safe, clean and gayfriendly place, in the range from 900 to 1500 Baht range and in the same area.

On the edge of Silom/Sathorn, you could look into OmYim. 80bt motosai ride to Babylon from the hotel. 1 minute walk to the BTS Chong Nonsi station.

http://www.omyimgroup.com/

Dboy

Liked

Never had a problem at the Pinnacle but I always make it clear on check-in, two people, and you get breakfast coupons for two. The Aetas (4 or 5*) by the MRT is more expensive but has internet specials during low season.

Liked

You want a place that allows smoking? There is Thung Mahamek Privacy hotel behind 7/11 (the one opposite Ibis and Malaysia), I think they have smoking rooms.

Other places in the area (don't know about smoking policy) are Penguin guesthouse (no joiner fee when I stayed there several times 2 or 3 years ago), The Boss Place, The Blooms. There are many more I know from walking past but don't remember name.

(There was a post by fountainhall about a more upsale place in the quiet street that connects Sribampen with Ngamduplee.)

Liked

@cddnmat i am from Europe if it matters in any way.
    @Christian, thanks for the suggestions, but I have decided to take a room for some days in Malaysia, and then search the area. I arrive 6 in the morning, and dont want to make any search at that time. Just want a bed after 11 hours of travelling.
    Thanks for your suggestions

Liked

i always stay in the malaysia, love it, 24 hour bar, swimming pool, great resturants close by, all for under 1000 bhts

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    There was a post by fountainhall about a more upsale place in the quiet street that connects Sribampen with Ngamduplee.
    The hotel is the U Sathorn - details here - post299048.html#p299048

The rates are higher than the OP is seeking, but it will be worthwhile checking directly with the hotel as I am certain there must be some heavy discounting. Next week agoda has nightly rates with breakfast for 2 at US$90 inclusive. Agoda also gives it a superb 9.1 rating.