List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something is fishy at the land of smiles ???

Liked

Re: Something is fishy at the land of smiles ???

Just great....and my ticket to Thailand is non-refundable.

I lived in Thailand for two years in the nineties. I lived in a long-term hotel on Sathorn Rd. One day a policeman came by and requested to see my passport. All was in order and that was that. It was the only time I had to produce documents other than at an immigration location or on an overnight train or bus. I hope this is an oddball situation. If it gets out of hand I think it would affect tourism.

Liked

Why are these re-posts of this ridiculous story always from some new member or someone who hardly ever posts.

I have been in this exact area the last 3 days, Asoke Terminal21 etc and have seen none of this nor have I seen any of it in 15 years. Ridiculous!!!!!

Liked

It sounds, from what I've read so far (including the same conversation / almost word for word over on gaybuttonthai) that this has indeed happened to some.
    It could be a recent development by the police or in someway related to the current military rule.
    Besides, the Bangkok Post letter mentioned racial profiling and so maybe there was more to the story than a routine stop.
    New member or not, I appreciate BOY69 for sharing this story and to naughty but nice and Trongpai on gaybuttonthai for sharing their perspective as Bangkok residents.

Surfcrest

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6931

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    Why are these re-posts of this ridiculous story always from some new member or someone who hardly ever posts.

I have been in this exact area the last 3 days, Asoke Terminal21 etc and have seen none of this nor have I seen any of it in 15 years. Ridiculous!!!!!
    The link has nothing to do with the poster be he infrequent or not -you 'ridiculous' fool.
    I was in that exact location at 3pm yesterday and I didn't experience anything unpleasant-so what?
    I'm very gratefull that the issue was highlighted by the o.p.
    Forewarned is forearmed.

Liked

A moronic response from a Moron. These posts showed up on all the Boards and all from either brand new posters or members who almost never post.

I find it suspicious whether you are too stupid too or not. 15 years never been stopped or asked for anything nor do I personally know anyone who has ever been stopped.

That makes the odd so small that it hardly warrants all theses scare posts. Simple as that!!!

And by the way I know people who have been stopped in NYC and Atlanta and Miami. Big cities all and sometimes police question people. Millions of people every day going about their business and the police doing theirs.

I am not so naive as to think the police in Thailand might not be looking to make some money, much like the police in Southern towns in USA who stop people doing 28 in a 25 zone because they are out of state and they know they will just pay the fine.

Big deal, worrying about those things is only meaningful if you are doing something wrong. Otherwise if you are unlucky enough to be stopped in a city with millions of people , you will be on your way quickly.

Plus and most importantly the OP did not post anything of personal experience which might have had some value.. He just reposted some Blog I never heard of and I am sure no one here know who owns the Blog and and what their Agenda might be???

Liked

" ... A moronic response from a Moron ... "
    From Sawatdee 'Trend Lines': hmmmm ...

(Also potential fodder for the Yuk Yuk Awards ed. XIV . . . coming soon)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    " ... A moronic response from a Moron ... "
    From Sawatdee 'Trend Lines': hmmmm ...
    Praise indeed considering the source. Now that his views on PDAs in the Land of Sluts has been comprehensively proven to be wrong I've been waiting for the mea culpa.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Liked

A moronic response from a Moron. These posts showed up on all the Boards and all from either brand new posters or members who almost never post.

I find it suspicious whether you are too stupid too or not. 15 years never been stopped or asked for anything nor do I personally know anyone who has ever been stopped.

That makes the odd so small that it hardly warrants all theses scare posts. Simple as that!!!

And by the way I know people who have been stopped in NYC and Atlanta and Miami. Big cities all and sometimes police question people. Millions of people every day going about their business and the police doing theirs.

I am not so naive as to think the police in Thailand might not be looking to make some money, much like the police in Southern towns in USA who stop people doing 28 in a 25 zone because they are out of state and they know they will just pay the fine.

Big deal, worrying about those things is only meaningful if you are doing something wrong. Otherwise if you are unlucky enough to be stopped in a city with millions of people , you will be on your way quickly.

Plus and most importantly the OP did not post anything of personal experience which might have had some value.. He just reposted some Blog I never heard of and I am sure no one here know who owns the Blog and and what their Agenda might be???

So a blog YOU never heard of has a built-in inferior status thereby?

You're sure that nobody here knows who owns the blog -blah, blah, gnu, gnu and so on ad moronicitum.

Had the OP posted something of personal experience would your response be any less derisory?