Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to The Land Of Smiles

New to The Land Of Smiles

Hi one and all,

After a wonderful visit last year, and currently enjoying an equally great visit, i have decided to make The Land Of Smiles my new home. After a very short return to the UK soon to sort out everything, i am very much looking forward to living here permanently.

I have been scanning this board for sometime now, and feel that it will be an excellent forum for me to be involved with, not least having the opportunity to perhaps make new friends.

Thanks in particular to a resident member here for making all this possible for me.

I look forward to becoming an active member here, but until i get aquianted with much of what goes on here, a little time will be needed for my part.

Sawadee

-- TC

Welcome to SGT TC. I am sure you will love living here in Thailand and I hope, that you will enjoy the forum along with it's many characters and in the main, good members here.

Choc Dee,

G.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Welcome TC.

A new active member is always a breath of fresh air. (fresh meat to some).

You've probably sorted out the broad range of characters who use this as there drinking hole, so good luck. Let us know how you move is going.

mai pen rai

Liked
    Welcome. You don't hear a lot of guys making the move to expat residence status saying it was a big mistake. At least not on this forum or anyone I have ever met. If anything I often hear, I wish I could have done this years ago.

There's some transitions, some aggravations and some things don't work the same as in farangland but if you don't let the little things get you down, keep a sense of humor, it will work out fine.
    E Dok Tong

Welcome "The Collector"

Umm we could use a Collector as lately we've had a member needing to collect an unpaid bill! Anyway I am sure you will love it in LOS. Have you checked the other cities out? Chiang Mai is a very beautiful location. The night life not as in your face as pattaya but once you know the scene it is active. My advice is to just rent as you check various places out. Enjoy.

Liked
    hi & welcome to the forum, goodluck with it all

what do you collect, bs?
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Liked

All the best

I hope you have a great time here on the forum and in Thailand.

I wish you all the best in all you do.

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Liked

welcome The Collector

creepy name though..you aren't like that character in the film who locked up girls in the basement are you ??

But welcome all the same..in time, like all the other members, we'll soon send you stark raving bonkers on here. :shaking2:
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Good luck!

Dear Collector,

Welcome to this forum - which to me appears slightly calmer than it has for a while, hence I am venturing back with some replies.

If you are near London and have time for a farewell drink then send me a mesage and we can meet up before you leave our shores.

I am envious as I have almost eleven years to go before I can retire. Let us know how you decided on this move and what your plans are for your new life. It is a big decision, but one good friend of mine made his decision only a couple of years ago, in his seventies, and he certainly does not appear to be regretting it at all.

Re: Welcome "The Collector"

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    Umm we could use a Collector as lately we've had a member needing to collect an unpaid bill! Anyway I am sure you will love it in LOS. Have you checked the other cities out? Chiang Mai is a very beautiful location. The night life not as in your face as pattaya but once you know the scene it is active. My advice is to just rent as you check various places out. Enjoy.
    Luckily i am staying with my dear friend who has already taken me of a five day trip to North East Thailand. Cities visited include Oobon Ratachani, Khorat and Roi Et with an unexpected few hours spent in Laos. it is of course my intention to visit more places as time goes by.

i am still coming to terms with how open the gay scene is over here, and by the way how natural it feels for me at any rate. after spending my life in the hysteria flooded UK. No doubt my British reserve will wear off soon, and my stiff upper lip become more accustomed to what Thailand has to offer...lol. (if you know what i mean) Besides that, the whole way of life here is far more relaxed, the food great, and the weather always scorchio! but then you all know that anyway.

For those that are interested i collect Bhuddist and Hindu statues as well as old toys. Regretably most of my collection will have to stay in the UK. Collecting can become an obsession with some, as it has for me. But collecting friends along the way is also important.

-- TC