Ok, so I'm almost ashamed to admit it but after going to LOS many times now I STILL have next to no idea what the difference is ( if any) between taxi money boys, bar boys and money boys !

On my travels I've always "assumed" that taxi money boys where basically just guys who being out for a night out who decided on the spur of the moment to make (quite) a few Baht for themselves from a passing farang they met in a bar or club etc, however as I was always unsure and always "assumed" or was aware that that may actually just have been straight forward money boys using the taxi excuse to let them / the farang save "face" so to speak I always then dressed up "payment" for their services as "here's some money to help with your taxi home", which was always received gratefully under that same pretense. Likewise with bar boys, I just "assumed" that they were also moneyboys who just happened to choose to always work from the same particular bar for reasons best known to themselves maybe involving having some sort of regular lifestyle and having their friends around them etc ? and money boys, well I just assumed that they were plain and simple, lay it on the line, lets go sort of guys with no requirement for any sort fancy dressing up as above put on the transaction - as I am always wary of getting it wrong and either insulting a "taxi boy" or offending ( and pissing off ) a money boy I tend to treat every single guy the same and paying everyone and what I figure a money boy would expect i.e.1000-1500 baht or so.......so someone put me out of my misery, am I totally stupid or is there basically no difference in all three types of guy ???