Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A last performance at Copa ....

Liked

A last performance at Copa ....

A small event, but significant enough for it to me marked (I think) occurred this last weekend. After what we guess is around 10 years or so of entertaining the crowds at firstly Throb Splash then latterly Copa, dancer Pun retired from the stage last Friday evening. I hope I'm not gossiping too much to say he is 47 years old! I guess he thought he was old enough to be the Papa of the other dancers.

He was a dancer at Throb when I was here as a tourist, and I've lived here for 7 years so he has been a true stalwart with the Throb-Splash/Copa dance troupe. His final number was 'The Phantom Of The Opera' which he performed with his longstanding partner.

He isn't disappearing altogether though from Copa, as he is now working as a waiter which I am sure will be very strange for him at first.

I have enjoyed watching him over the years, and wish him well in his new job.

[attachment=0:3fffql6k]Pun.JPG[/attachment:3fffql6k]

Attached Images Attached Images
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A last performance at Copa ....

--Really? My BF and I happened to go into the Copa Friday night-11pm show...hadn't been there since the remodeling of the place.(Long time, hey?) We noticed the "older" dancer and thought he was the best of the crew. (We also decided he needed a new "look" -hair cut). Best wishes to him.

Informative post.

I always liked the very thin faced one with the spikey hair who left a couple of years ago. I nicknamed him "Ziggy Stardust" because he reminded me somehow of a young (Asian) David Bowie!

:cheers:

Good luck to Pun in his well-earned retirement!

He originally started work in Cockpit in the 1980s before moving to Topman and then on to Throb.

The "female" dancer Nai was also a Cockpit veteran and a couple of the other Copa boys were Topman
    performers before moving to Throb and then Copa.

Please do not insult DAVID BOWIE you celtic swine.

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    A small event, but significant enough for it to me marked (I think) occurred this last weekend. After what we guess is around 10 years or so of entertaining the crowds at firstly Throb Splash then latterly Copa, dancer Pun retired from the stage last Friday evening. I hope I'm not gossiping too much to say he is 47 years old! I guess he thought he was old enough to be the Papa of the other dancers.

He was a dancer at Throb when I was here as a tourist, and I've lived here for 7 years so he has been a true stalwart with the Throb-Splash/Copa dance troupe. His final number was 'The Phantom Of The Opera' which he performed with his longstanding partner.

He isn't disappearing altogether though from Copa, as he is now working as a waiter which I am sure will be very strange for him at first.

I have enjoyed watching him over the years, and wish him well in his new job.

[attachment=0:2eye0jni]Pun.JPG[/attachment:2eye0jni]
    Was ADOLF on a far east tour when you took that pic?

he should have quit decades ago :cyclopsani:

It has been posted on Gay Affairs Pattaya website that:
    His name is Pab and not Pun (I tend to believe it is Pab as that's the name on his badge in the photograph)
    He is 40 years old and not 47
    He has worked at Copa for 6 years and not 10
    And that his final routine on Friday was in fact Barcelona and not Phantom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by both-hans
    His name is Pab and not Pun (I tend to believe it is Pab as that's the name on his badge in the photograph)
    THANK YOU for the above info - Now we can all sleep well tonite :smurf: :smurf:

Quote Originally Posted by both-hans

I bet your'e quite an interesting person deep deep deep deep deep.............................down :salute: :salute: :salute: