Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: copa

Liked

copa

i see the copa go go bar is now chaging to a beer bar, because there are no costomers, bring the wall down now.

Liked

Re: copa

i see the copa go go bar is now chaging to a beer bar, because there are no costomers
    That's true, apart from the shows, there is never anyone in the place.

Lets hope they get a decent election of boys....it would transform the place. They only have to look across the street.

Liked

Isn't the proper term an "erection of boys"?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Sorry, but been hearing nothing but Election news in the UK!!

Liked

Have just woken up to election-failure. Another five years of the Tories. God help us.

By the way, is Copa massage still operating?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    Have just woken up to election-failure. Another five years of the Tories. God help us?
    Excellent news in my opinion. The English clearly voted to keep out yon new wee lassie and her kilted madmen from running the whole of the UK. Salmonella will be sitting there like an impotent shag on a rock for five whole years.

Liked

Are we sure that the Copa is changing to a beer bar, or are they just doing some remodeling during low season?

Maybe they are just getting rid of the swimming pool thing at the back of the stage. I don't think ANYONE ever went to the bar for that "show" anymore...

I would assume they will still have cabaret shows as that seemed to be a popular event.

Liked

At march I stayed in The Copa , The hotel was excellent a great value for money but the Copa club was deserted only 3 customers only 4 unattracted boys on the stage and the cabaret show was dull. Boyz Boyz Boyz Boyz club at the opposite was much better .

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69
    At march I stayed in The Copa , The hotel was excellent a great value for money but the Copa club was deserted only 3 customers only 4 unattracted boys on the stage and the cabaret show was dull. Boyz Boyz Boyz Boyz club at the opposite was much better .
    I stayed also in March. The boys were also not my type. The water show (referred to above by a poster) had only very manly masculine boys in it. I am into twinks.
    There was also a white guy on stage as a gogo boy. He didn't look Thai at all. I guess Russian or European. Looked like 25 or so.
    And there was a very masculine guy on stage, who I estimate to be around 35.
    So I have to agree: the boys were not my type at all.

You would expect the bar owner to know the gay world by now and to know the average gay Farang visitor. In my opinion the majority wants twinks (they are the most popular, thats what I see; when I see a customer off a boy in 9 out of 10 cases he is a twink). Then why not have a stage with say 70% twinks and 30% manly masculine types? Then you will attract more visitors. It seems so common sense to me. But I must be missing something.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I often wondered was there some other reasoning or logic going on behind the choice of guys Copa presented on stage as go go boys as for a long time now they have been TRULY AWFUL. I don't even mean that in a personal preference way but more that half of them didn't even appear to be or to be thinking like go go boys, old, out of shape, bored senseless, making no effort whatsoever to interact with customers. Like I said I often wondered was there something else going on behind the scenes re that such as perhaps the bar needed to keep the go go bar name tag ( for licence / tea money reasons ?) but ACTUALLY had no real interest in promoting that side of their business or something. Either way I do hope the cabaret side of things opens up again as I did always enjoy ( most ) of their shows.

I wonder if and when shows come back will they still have that brain numbing but annoyingly catchy "copa" sound track with the camera shutter sound built in to it as I can't hear Barry Manilows version of the song without instantly thinking of "oh I wonder who's on next" :-)