Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: COPA BILLS

Forum's veteran
    Liked

COPA BILLS

Case 1 Last night, did the mental arithmentic... 1900B, Waiter returns total 2380B. Two items had been inserted into tub..

Case 2. Order bottle of Whisky (1700B). Checked the price day before and told less 10 0/0 for Balcony Card (1570B) . Check Bin 1700B.. Waiter comes back and says cannot use Card for Bottles.,then agreed OK...

Case 3. New Years Eve. Check Bin time and there are 7 items in the tub. Total, my maths, 960 Baht less 10 0/0 for use of Balcony Card = 886 Bt.
    Waiter comes back and says cannot use Balcony Card today, Bill 1120B.I ask why not as someone next to me has just used his and why 1120B? Waiter returns and says Sorry Yes, can use . Addition wrong. Bill agreed at 886.

1.Possible Insertion of extra items at the Till.
    2 Wrong addition on large Check Bins or many items.
    3.Submit Balcony Card at Check Bin time. Waiter goes to Cashier with the card and returns saying it cannot be used for some reason. However card details taken...
    Gerefan2

Liked

Re: COPA ARE SCAMMING YOUR BILLS

How unusual someone using his first post here to smear a local business!

Case 2. Order bottle of Whisky for Gay Street Party (1700B). Checked the price day before and told less 10 0/0 for Balcony Card (1570B) .
    Nothing surprising here. I'm sure we all check the price of a bottle of whisky the day before we go to a bar.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: COPA BILLS

No not my first post!
    Look me up under gerefan
    I had trouble with the new logon a few weeks ago and have had to change my name slightly.
    The reason for checking the price was merely a question asked when reserving a table for the event the day before!
    Gerefan...2!

Quote Originally Posted by x in pattaya
    How unusual someone using his first post here to smear a local business!

Case 2. Order bottle of Whisky for Gay Street Party (1700B). Checked the price day before and told less 10 0/0 for Balcony Card (1570B) .
    Nothing surprising here. I'm sure we all check the price of a bottle of whisky the day before we go to a bar.
    Oh come on X the guy a newbie and you read to much in between the lines ,he not rubbishing a business it a waiter ,how i read it he was there the night before so he noticed the prices ...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Like X, I am also suspicious of newbies but reason for newbie status
    makes sense and suspicion eases off.
    Actually, the scam makes sense too and is clever if it is indeed in play.

One farang I know doesn't use the check bin system and insists on paying
    for each drink as he is served.. He never has a problem..

I have also heard of a different scam, where a farang will find a way to slip his
    check bin into another farang check bin cup or even direct the waiter to do so. If caught, he applogizes for the mix up and the Thai waiter gets the blame.

I have never had a problem at Copa nor have I heard of anyone else but
    with several incidents happening, one should be more suspicious of the
    the waiter/cashier than the poster, imho.. :cat:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Like X, I am also suspicious of newbies ...

I have never had a problem at Copa nor have I heard of anyone else but
    with several incidents happening, one should be more suspicious of the
    the waiter/cashier than the poster, imho.. :cat:

I am sending a copy of this to the management of COPA so that they may take action and comment here.
    Assuming the waiters/cashier are running a scam, why not speak to the owner first and if nothing satisfactory results, then publish the "facts."

I know of one bar, now out of business, where the waiters/cashier simply reused the same checks several times during the night. When it came to tallying up the paper checks at the end of the evening, the total would have come to less than the cash received (and pocketed by the waiters). It wouldn't have hurt the customers involved, but siphoned off cash from the owner and, if observed, would be useful for the owner to have known about.

I'm not defending Copa nor the waiters, but a lot of these guys have had a couple of years of basic education and I would imagine a lot of screw ups are unintentional. If it is a scam, the owner is probably losing too. Rather than rushing to a public forum to make comments which may further hurt the business, why not deal directly with management FIRST and go public second?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I hope I have now clarified the business of (not) being a newbie.
    I did indeed go to the management after the episode of the bottle of whisky and the balcony card reduction not being applied. He is the one who agreed that it should have been and ordered the waiter to make the reduction.
    Gerefan (2!).

The waiter and cashier will reduce the 10% for the record to the owner but try to get the full money from the customer. They will notice your member card number and come back - charge you the full amount and the 10% going to the pocket of the waiter or/and cashier.
    The COPA Bar is a well running bar and if you are outside at the bar counter it's maybe more possible that you get invited for a drink by Peter or Glenn as to get cheated.
    Thanks to them to bring so much quality to Boyztown.

Liked

Garafan . Why are you hiding behind a new name as a new member? You come in here to trash a business but aren't man enough to say who you are. Did you talk to the owners giving the a chance to rectify the problems?

Liked

I appreciate your posting the details of what happen. I don't even know where the Copa is located but it's good general information.

I also have the Balcony card and it gets refused just about everywhere I try to use it, other than at the Balcony. I never thought it might be a scam. Some waiters seem to think the Balcony card is some sort of credit card then as it gets passed around and around someone tells me it's not good. I then explain it's a discount card and the response is, "no discount".
    E Dok Tong