Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: PayPal and Thai Bank Accounts

Liked

PayPal and Thai Bank Accounts

I would like to link my Thai bank account to a PayPal account. I have found that many of my customer like making payments using PayPal. It would be great to accept payments to a PayPal account linked to my Thai account when I am staying in Thailand for several months at a time. I do have a PayPal account linked to my USA account and would also like to sometimes transfer money to the Thai account via PayPal. I have an account with Kasikorn and tried shortly before I left Thailand a few weeks ago but for some reason I was having trouble getting PayPal to recognize a Thai bank account.

Has any successfully been able to link their Thai bank account to PayPal? If so, was a difficult process?

Also, it would be great to hear any pros and cons regarding PayPal and Thai bank accounts?

Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Re: PayPal and Thai Bank Accounts

Check with Pay Pal, they will know. Since there is a Thai E-Bay I would think so.

Ron-Ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-ca
    Since there is a Thai E-Bay I would think so.
    Not exactly.

There is shopping.co.th -- which is "in association with eBay" -- but there is no "Thai eBay" yet.

Liked

It is possible - I have a Thai PAYPAL account linked to my KASIKORN bank account. When I set my PAYPAL ccount up originally the limitation was that you can pay money IN to the Thai bank account, but not take money OUT. I think this is to discourage people from bypassing the 'taking money out of Thailand' currency regulations.

However I linked both of my Thai based credit cards to the PAYPAL account also, which then allows you to pay for things as well as accept money in to Thailand.

Have a had a couple of security issues early on with PAYPAL, as any transaction originating here seems to be assumed as being fraudulent, but now I very rarely have any problems.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.