Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: bank accounts

Liked: 1

Re: bank accounts

Yes

Bangkok Bank Silom branch. ATM card pass book but not internet banking. That was several years ago when I opened an account.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    Yes

Bangkok Bank Silom branch. ATM card pass book but not internet banking. That was several years ago when I opened an account.
    Yes i believe many banks will now --- Kasikorn beside Tukom will do it for you in 10 min ,just need passport and rental bill (i used a bill from Mosaik at the time ) couldnt be easier !!!

Liked

I did exact same as martin911, same bank, same bill!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

thanks for info, but can I ask what is the TOKUM building?

Liked

TUKCOM IT Center - Computer Mall in South Pattaya
    Photo and map: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/14099281

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gregvc
    can a one month or 3 month tourist open a Thai banking account?
    I have never been a resident but have had an account with Kasikorn [originally Thai Farmers] in Suriwongse Rd, very professonal and very helpful. Although I did get knocked back by a few banks I checked with earlier, including Bangkok Bank in Silom, but this was about 1999 or 2000.

Also had internet banking with Thai Farmers, and then Kasikorn, which was a convenient way to help local friends from time to time. However that became impractical when they introduced SMS generated approvals for transfers. No good if not in country.

Liked

Accounts can be opened at Krungthai Bank also, no problem with the Tourist visa.
    Some provisos course to keep in mind (TiT): one branch's rules on certain things may differ from another, even if it's the same bank. So just because the KrungThai Bank (or whichever) on that corner won't let you open an account, it doesn't necessarily mean the one up the road next to the noodle shop won't.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

adjustment/warning to all of above:
    what once can will not mean you can tomorrow, even at same bank and same branch. It really differs from bank to bank but ALSO between branches of same bank. Plus it sometimes seems they only are willing to take a certain % of farang-accounts-if taken up, sorry, full!
    Kasikorn (former Thai farmers) gets mostly mentioned as willing to, Bangkokbank is often very reluctant. Even if they will, they may still refuse you due to temporary status, due to not having a non-hotel adress or whatever the boss orders for the day/week. Keep on trying is the only answer.

Liked

I opened an account at Kasikorn one month ago using Tourist Visa; gave address of my rental condo with no proof of address. They did ask for a cell phone number as I recall.