Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad is the economy?

How bad is the economy?

As someone whose family company is involved in export/import I'd have to say the Thai economy seems grim. This view is supported by recent statistics -
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Post
    Thailand's air cargo volume plunged by nearly half in January following the annualised fall of 23 per cent in the fourth quarter of last year as the deepening global financial crisis continued to sting exports.
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/eco ... on-exports

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How bad is the economy?

Maybe a stimulous package is in order for the bar owners.

Japan's economy contracted by 3.3% in the last quarter of last year apparently its worst showing since the 1970s and the contraction means the economy shrank at an annual pace of nearly 13% during the last quarter of 2008, the worst since the end of World War II and steeper than that being experienced in the US or Europe. What has this to do with Thailand, well I think that is obvious!

When I went to get seats on a couple TG Int'l returns over the next few weeks I saw a LOT of empty seats.

elephantspike

I'm burning furniture now to run the generator to run the server for this site. I used to burn fresh wood.

The furniture I am burning has tags reading "Made In Thailand". I'm no economist, so I'm not sure what the implications are, but I don't think it is good.

I just received an offer of a condo development in Phuket with 4 million baht written off the price.

OTOH one of my associates in the City of London got pushed a few months ago but has just been appointed to a similar position in Tokyo.

elephantspike

If the available job in London includes toothpaste and shoelaces, I'll take it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike
    If the available job in London includes toothpaste and shoelaces, I'll take it.

There are several openings in the UK for MatchGirls.

elephantspike

Does it involve typing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponbkk
    When I went to get seats on a couple TG Int'l returns over the next few weeks I saw a LOT of empty seats.
    I flew from Singapore to BKK 2 weeks ago on a SQ flight, it's a Boeing 777 plane. The economy class was less than 1/4 full. The back section was completely empty.