Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eva Air vs Thai Air - Deluxe Economy out of NY

Liked

Eva Air vs Thai Air - Deluxe Economy out of NY

I was looking at travel cost into Bangkok. If I take Eva air I would have to travel out of New York/NJ and as it tuns out they are in the same cost area for Thai Air out of NY.

Both of them are charging $1,200.00 round trip for economy deluxe. The one advantage is that Thai Air has a direct flight from NY to BKK...

Any of you have any insight on how these two airlines compare on their economy deluxe travel?

These are the good'ol days

flights

I have flown the Thai flight many times in business and economy deluxe.
    I use my miles to fly business and it is very nice. The food out of NY is more Falang food out of Bkk more Thai food
    There is not much difference in the price of the 2 sections , the food is the same as in economy the seats are a Little bigger and do have foot rest in
    deluxe. The entertainment is great in both areas About 20 different movies from current hits to classic oldies.
    The best thing about using Thai is it is nonstop . For me leaving the US at noon , i stay up till about 8 or 9 eating and watching movies , take and ambien , and then sleep till
    about and hour before touch down.
    The flight arrives into Bkk about 4 pm (1600 ) then a quick ride to Pattaya , shower eat and cam be at the bars by 9 pm . The other flight that I have flown go through Japan.
    That kills me getting off the plane and waiting the 3 hours to then fly to Bkk. You get there by 11 pm and by the time you get to Pattaya most places are closed.
    Then coming back it gets you back into New York at 6 am and I can connect and be back home by noon . That lets me catch up on work and get a good nights sleep.
    The other flight leave a bit latter at nigh but i don't get back home till almost 8 pm.
    I know that 17 hours is a long long long flight but for me it is better than the lay over in Japan and getting there early in the afternoon. I have never flown Eva so I cant help you there.
    The price from economy to deluxe economy is about $ 300 round trip so for me the extra leg room it is worth it if i am not in business
    I hope that was some help . PM if you have any more questions

Liked
    if Thai is really only charging $1200 for their Premium Economy product on the JFK flight I would say that is a steal. I paid $1500 and have seen it as high as $1750. I have not flown on EVA, but I can't imagine that the product is much different. The non-stop flight would definitely be the deciding factor for me. Arriving late afternoon really beats arriving late at night. Even if you don't hit the bars the first night you still have the evening to unwind before bed.

While the Premium Economy seat is a little nicer than the regular economy it was still not all that great for me. I can't sleep sitting up. On my return flight I bought the upgrade to business class for $700 at the airport. Being able to lie flat helped but it is still at an angle so getting a real sleep was not possible but it was a more restful experience.

Eva

I often fly Eva from Newark and the last flight was in April which cost me 1499 in evergreen delux class. It stops over in Seattle befrore going on thru Taiwan. The layover is less than 2 hours in Taepae and about 3 hours into Bkk arriving about 11:00am. That puts me into pattaya around 2 in the afternnon. The return leaves Bkk around noon and stops to clear cutoms in Seattle before going into Newark at about midnight. I find the Delux class to be most comfortable (I'm 6ft 3 and broad shouldered) and the leg room is ok. I usually book an aisle seat tho so i can get up and move around some if needed. I have beeen tempted to try the 17 hr thai flight but getting into JFK from pittsburgh is not easy.

Re: Eva

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    The layover is less than 2 hours in Tapae.
    They stop in Chiang Mai???

Where do you get Chiang Mai out of Taepae???

Tapae Gate is in Chiang Mai.

Thai Premium Economy from NY or LA is more like $1800 with taxes (I fly it twice a year). Even Economy in high season is about $1500. If you can get Premium Economy for $1200 grab it fast. Thai's Premium Economy is better than EVA's in my opinion. I used to fly EVAs Economy deluxe before Thai started the non stop flights. Getting on the plane in LA and getting off in BKK is worth a higher ticket price to me hands down. The flight time is great. Leave LA around midnight and arrive in BKK at about 6am. I just booked for xmas. I wanted to fly on dec 21st, but had to fly on the 22nd because Premium economy was sold out already for the 21st. It's getting quite popular and there are only 40 seats per flight, so book early. EVA was actually $50 MORE than Thai in December.

Liked

Re: Eva

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    They stop in Chiang Mai???
    Come on, Boystupid, you knew he meant Taipai.
    There is an airline (China Air?) that flies from Taipai to Chiangmai and, if they ever get different connection times, I'll use it and avoid Bangkok altogether (plus customs going in and out of Chiangmai is a dream).

Jake

I am flying out of NY on Thai the middle of August for a little less than 1500 for premium but in December you are right it is
    right at 1800. Like you it is much better than having to stop some where before Bkk. If you can try to get row 31 it is the bulkhead row and gives you more leg room