Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eva Premium Economy LHR to BKK?

Liked

Eva Premium Economy LHR to BKK?

I have flown from the UK to Bangkok many times on Gulf Air or Jet Airways and have a decent frequent flyer status with both resulting in a few upgrades in the past. Gulf however have reduced their service and the change of flights with Jet in Mumbai is pretty painful/stressful to say the very least!

I have noticed that Eva Air who fly direct are offering seats in their "Premium Economy" for about ┬г300 more return than either of the above in their standard economy. Does any one have any feedback on this service and is it worth the extra or any view on other airlines ideally from Heathrow to Bangkok?

Liked

Re: Eva Premium Economy LHR to BKK?

I've used Eva twice in economy for LHR to BKK and I like them. I have no experience of premium economy. Thai Air was good too on that route. Eva tends to be a bit economical with alcohol if that is important but good at coming round with non alcoholic drinks and snacks.

Liked

Eva Air is a good airline. Their Premium Economy is well worth the extra money IMHO.

Liked

Agreed.....
    extra leg-room and wider seats make a huge difference on a long journey.

The LHR-BKK route costs ┬г850 now in Elite; good value particularly since it is cheaper than it has been for over a year.
    Another plus is the arrival/departure times; you arrive in BKK in time to have a meal before attacking jet-lag (which becomes more difficult as I get older) while the return leaves midday and arrives in London in time to go home (if you are not too far from London) and, again, catch up on jet-lag.

I've done the journey on EVA more than sixty times; only once have I been delayed; and that was by about two hours.

Liked

Which plane does EVA use on this flight? Their Boeing 777 has a pitch of 40" and a width of 19.5" which is good. The 747s have of 38/18 which is still much better than Economy.

Liked

Before Korean Air flew in and out of Chiang Mai, I always used EVA airlines, and have nothing be good to say about them and their service.

Liked

Francois; 777s.

I find the seats too firm....but others disagree.
    One advantage of the old 747s was that the elite cabin was upstairs and, if you knew the layout, you could book seats with unlimited legroom.
    On the 777, Row 20 is to be avoided because it's next to the bulkhead and is often the domain of mewling infants.

Liked

Agree with all the above positive comments. EVA is my airline of choice from LHR - best service, most comfortable seats and, on top of that, usually the best prices! I have flown both Economy and Elite on EVA and have settled on Economy because it is comfortable enough for me. Elite is good value though, I had no complaints about it.

Liked

I used to fly with EVA on the LHR-BKK route before other options opened up nearer to home which avoided a flight to LHR and several hours sitting in the terminal with luggage (because it couldn't be checked through, and Air Canada who handled the check-in for Eva wouldn't accept it early).

I always found the flights pretty good - although the Pot Noodle for breakfast was a bit odd.

Are they still dishing that out?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    Francois; 777s.
    I find the seats too firm....but others disagree.
    One advantage of the old 747s was that the elite cabin was upstairs and, if you knew the layout, you could book seats with unlimited legroom.
    For me, the upper cabin in 747 is the best choice of all. Now many airlines have converted all Business Class seats to individual cubicles which is heaven. But next time may have to switch to EVA Premium Economy due to $$$.