Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kho samui

Liked

kho samui

This is a place i have not visited yet and i am thinking about going there for a few days in September,,can any one recommend it ,a nice hotel that is clean and not over priced ,where is the best area to stay in ,what is the best way of transportation to get there from pataya,is it better to Fly from BKK with Thai airways . Feed back will be appreciated .
    many thanks

Bangkok Airways flies from U Tapao (airport close to Pattaya) to Koh Samui.

Re: honda eu2000i

Quote Originally Posted by autocarbmw
    If you wish a honda motorcycle parts canada the wet mud. {etc.}
    I see Wesley has a new identity

Liked

Koh Samui

The boyfriend and I went to Samui last May for a few days. We flew Bangkok Air from BKK and then continued on to Krabi. I'm not sure about travel from Pattaya. The Samui Airport is a beautiful, open-air structure with comfortable seating and complimentary food and beverages while you are waiting for outbound flights. I believe it is privately owned. Samui is not the place to go if you are looking for lots of gay nightlife and gogo bars.

We stayed at Chaweng Guesthouse at the recommendation of my bf. It is located in the South Chaweng area. The room was clean and super cheap, but nothing special. I think I paid about 800 baht a night for a double bed with small fridge, TV, and AC. The bathroom was decent and the shower was big (no bathtub). They have cheaper rooms but the bathrooms are not in-room. They have internet (for fee) but no breakfast. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. I would not recommend the Chaweng Guesthouse unless you are on a tight budget. This is not the place to stay if you want a quiet, resort hotel with services, restaurant, swimming pool, or beach views.

The Chaweng Guesthouse is a short walk to the beach. It's also in the same location as the few gay venues. In fact, they are right outside your door...convenient but it can be noisy until 2 am. The Boy Zone is a nice bar with a few dance shows every night. The working boys there were very friendly and sweet. I didn't see a system for offing the boys (no mamasan or numbers on the boys) but the bf said he thought most of them were available to play for pay after the show. Directly across from Boy Zone is the Male Box bar and dance club. They also have shows but since I was there during low season the place was usually void of customers. We had more fun dancing at a very popular, mostly straight, after-hours club nearby (sorry I forget the name).

The beach in Chaweng was nice but be prepared to have the usual parade of vendors hawking food and souvenirs. If you want a more quiet and secluded beach, you may want to stay in a different area of Samui or rent a motorbike and explore. We motorbiked to the Namuang Waterfall in the Lamai Beach area (south of Chaweng). It's was a nice place to swim and cool off. If you are in Samui at the right time of the month you may want to experience the full moon party on nearby Pha Ngan Island. It's mostly the straight backpacker crowd but I went with my bf and some of his friends and we had a great time.

Cheers...Kip

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo77
    I have flown this a number of times . The morning flight from Phuket stops at Koh Samui on route to U Tapao.

I would suggest you arrange a taxi to meet as the bus takes a long time. If you are new to Pattaya , the taxi to get you to your hotel is wise

Use the search function for Koh Samui note the spelling

also check out this site, very helpful

http://www.gaykohsamui.net/

you could also subscribe [send blank message]to
    gaykohsamui-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo77
    ok great that might be the answer

Liked
    ..... and if you don't like being ripped off by Bangkok Airways, fly to Surat Thani and then take the ferry from Don Sak. It's more scenic.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhouston
    ..... and if you don't like being ripped off by Bangkok Airways, fly to Surat Thani and then take the ferry from Don Sak. It's more scenic.
    It's little gems like this that keep me from wondering what the poor people are doing

Liked

Re: Koh Samui

Quote Originally Posted by kip_la
    The boyfriend and I went to Samui last May for a few days. We flew Bangkok Air from BKK and then continued on to Krabi. I'm not sure about travel from Pattaya. The Samui Airport is a beautiful, open-air structure with comfortable seating and complimentary food and beverages while you are waiting for outbound flights. I believe it is privately owned. Samui is not the place to go if you are looking for lots of gay nightlife and gogo bars.

We stayed at Chaweng Guesthouse at the recommendation of my bf. It is located in the South Chaweng area. The room was clean and super cheap, but nothing special. I think I paid about 800 baht a night for a double bed with small fridge, TV, and AC. The bathroom was decent and the shower was big (no bathtub). They have cheaper rooms but the bathrooms are not in-room. They have internet (for fee) but no breakfast. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. I would not recommend the Chaweng Guesthouse unless you are on a tight budget. This is not the place to stay if you want a quiet, resort hotel with services, restaurant, swimming pool, or beach views.

The Chaweng Guesthouse is a short walk to the beach. It's also in the same location as the few gay venues. In fact, they are right outside your door...convenient but it can be noisy until 2 am. The Boy Zone is a nice bar with a few dance shows every night. The working boys there were very friendly and sweet. I didn't see a system for offing the boys (no mamasan or numbers on the boys) but the bf said he thought most of them were available to play for pay after the show. Directly across from Boy Zone is the Male Box bar and dance club. They also have shows but since I was there during low season the place was usually void of customers. We had more fun dancing at a very popular, mostly straight, after-hours club nearby (sorry I forget the name).

The beach in Chaweng was nice but be prepared to have the usual parade of vendors hawking food and souvenirs. If you want a more quiet and secluded beach, you may want to stay in a different area of Samui or rent a motorbike and explore. We motorbiked to the Namuang Waterfall in the Lamai Beach area (south of Chaweng). It's was a nice place to swim and cool off. If you are in Samui at the right time of the month you may want to experience the full moon party on nearby Pha Ngan Island. It's mostly the straight backpacker crowd but I went with my bf and some of his friends and we had a great time.

Cheers...Kip
    Ok great all done ,i did actaully book the flight from Pataya,has i have never flown from there so thats good ,and i got a great deal on a hotel through www.wotit.com , staying at the trendy AKWA guest house hotel in the Amazing penthouse, so should be fun .
    thansk for all the ifo.

Liked

Re: Koh Samui

Quote Originally Posted by markie1
    Quote Originally Posted by kip_la

Cheers...Kip
    Ok great all done ,i did actaully book the flight from Pataya,has i have never flown from there so thats good ,and i got a great deal on a hotel through www.wotit.com , staying at the trendy AKWA guest house hotel in the Amazing penthouse, so should be fun .
    thansk for all the ifo.
    Whoops the web address was www.wotif.com great rates on the above hotel.