Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Koh Samui

Liked: 1

Koh Samui

Well im back from Phuket now and i Going to Koh Samui in October

What im after is anything on Koh samui

First of all a hotel at a reasonable price 500 to 1200 baht depending what it has to offer
    with a kitchen would be great as my thai friend loves my cooking

Re: Koh Samui

Koh Samui has a much more limited choice of places to stay than Phuket. There are very few condo-type places (with or without kitchens), mostly simple bungalows and hotel resorts.

Last time we stayed at Whispering Palms, which has huge suites with European kitchens, 2 fantastic pools, fitness, sauna, steam room and free wifi. You can have a look at www.samui-condo.com . It's 1500 baht a night in low season, a bit over your budget but you would save money because you'd spend more time there rather than going out.

Another good choice is Mayaburi Resort, which is near the airport. It's 800 baht a night, which gets you a nice big bungalow, breakfast, and free wifi. There's a nice big pool and great staff there. A 5 minute drive to Bang Rak, where there's a great beach, some good restaurants and a food market every day.

Most of the nightlife is on Chaweng Beach Road. I wouldn't stay around there, but I love driving so staying further away is fine with me. If you prefer to be a walk away from the nightlife there are two guesthouses on Soi Colibri that are about 700 baht a night, good rooms and good value for the area.

If you want to stay right on the beach, the Beach Love Restaurant on Chaweng Noi has some great bungalows with beach views.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know : )