Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: On which message board did you lose your posting virginity on?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dreaded Ned [original ... 1999(?) ~ 2001]

17 17.35%
  • Dreaded Ned [2nd ed.]

2 2.04%
  • GayButton [ran concurrently with above]

12 12.24%
  • PattayaGay [circa 2001 ~ 2004 or so]

21 21.43%
  • Sawatdee Forum [EZBoard edition]

15 15.31%
  • Sawatdee Gay Thailand [this Board]

20 20.41%
  • ThaiVisa

3 3.06%
  • Baht-Stop

2 2.04%
  • Gay Thailand

4 4.08%
  • TingTong

2 2.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which gay Thailand message board did you start posting on?

Liked

Which gay Thailand message board did you start posting on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenc
    " ... (BTW - By "Old Timers" I mean anyone who used to post on the old Sawatdee forum.
    And anyone who used to post on Dreaded Neds is beyond description. They're older than dirt....or John McCain) ... "
    Kenc's quote above in another thread got me to wondering which gay Thailand message board you first started posting on.

The choices in the poll are generally in a time frame from earliest to most new. A number of them overlap in time, and in the case of ThaiVisa, I have no idea when that started up as it is just one forum of many under the ThaiVisa message Board umbrella.

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Smiles, I think Dreadedned started in '97. I'm sure I discovered it then.

Here's a little blast from the past for you: Dreadedned Q&A 1998
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Liked
    There were a few boards to post on before Dreaded Ned. BB, AOL gay travel boards etc. I recall Dreaded Ned at first did not have a board but only a comments section. That then then grew to a discussion board.

For a short time DN, Gaybutton and Gay Pattaya all ran at the same time. There was a meeting of all three moderators in Pattaya once that is now in the annals of gay history known as the Malta II conference.
    E Dok Tong

You're forgetting ...

... Thaiguys, where I first encountered boygeenyus (as thonglor55) and X in Pattaya (then using the Thai equivalent of the number sixty-nine)

Liked: 1
    I started to post in 1999 , I think it was on the old GB forum or maybe the Dreaded Ned one, it was a forum were all the topics where on one page and the reply was just beneath the header , I miss that kind of message boards
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Liked
    Pattayagay (Alan's board). It's my impression that THIS board sprang more directly from that one than any of the others mentioned. Seems like I read a little of Dreaded Ned's, but don't recall having any presence there. 99% of my involvement has been with this 'strand'.

Liked: 1
    Sen Yai's link to the old DN board demonstrates - at least to my mind - that the design of Ned's board was better than anything that has come since.

You can immediately see the 'structure' of every discussion - who replied to whom and when. You could easily see where the 'hot' discussions were, and the poster names you knew weren't worth the time of day. The chronological order of posts was maintained. And all the message links you had clicked on yesterday would be coloured differently to the new ones that had been posted since then. It was much easier to figure out what was worth reading and what wasn't.

Of course with no need to register, there was no need to adopt any posting name(s) at all. I was happy to remain basically anonymous - choosing a new name for every post - until the days after the DN board's demise when I believe PG first required registration in order to post.

Others chose to establish an 'identity' from the start. Few have maintained the same identity from the beginning. For those of you who have changed names multiple times since then, care to fess up to your history of multiple personalities ? Failing that, I'm sure there is at least one sad creature amongst us who maintains a notebook documenting the evolution of the more notorious multiple personality sufferers.

Liked
    Been there, done that, on all of the mentioned forums. Started on Dreaded Ned's forum back in (about?) 1999 and then graduated to GB's site, PG, etc. Dreaded Ned's forum was a neat format and, at least initially, had a lot of fairly adult posters that eagerly shared information. Eventually, with the advent of idiots and trolls, Ned just got sick and tired of it (much like has happened to a couple of the other forums).
    It would be my guess that Sawatdee, in its present and past forms, has become the longest running "gay thailand" forum around.
    I'd also guess that there are only 3-5 posters in total who have used the same handle from day one, myself being one of them. I think Geezer has used the same handle for years, the Colonel (now Homitern did), Boxer did, David In Pattaya did, and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai
    Here's a little blast from the past for you: Dreadedned Q&A 1998
    It dun't look too outtadate to me, or, well, one part of it maybe.

Liked
    Ned just got sick and tired of it (much like has happened to a couple of the other forums).
    There's a little more to it than just that. Best I not say too much but it was a question of threats of liability, the Thai way.

Allen, is the one who just got fed up with the trolls and one poster who would not quit.

GB ran into a problem with the Thai censor and called it quits but many would claim he chased everyone off before that problem.
    E Dok Tong