Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard's Restaurant in BKK

Richard's Restaurant in BKK

I had to laugh, I noticed the PG report was advertising this restaurant. I went to this place on my last trip and had chicken kiev. I was asked by a falang, I assume it was Richard the owner, if my meal was ok, and I explained to him that the chicken kiev had literally garlic cloves placed in the middle of the chicken, it was **** vile (my personal opinion of course)- I didn't taste any butter, I ate the chicken around it but could still taste the foul taste of pure garlic. I know when in Rome, but surely no-one eats pure garlic in that manner and certainly not with a kiev, it should be a type of garlic butter in it. Anway, as I said I was asked if my meal was ok, I explained politely, and the reply was "was everything else ok" and that was the end. It was as if it was brushed off and swept under the carpet. He seemed to be happy that everything else was ok, but not interested in the chicken. Morale of the story: don't go there again.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

same same

About a month ago my BF and I decided to eat at Richard's (we normally eat somewhere on soi4). We waited and waited ...finally I complained to the head waiter about the slow service...finally when our meals were brought out, they were so ..."blah". And I thought Richard had this wonderful chef that use to work at Telephone bar???? - (but that was when he firstd opened). He also came over and asked about the meal and I told him that it was like I had fixed it ...nothing special, very plain. He offered my BF and I free drinks but I didn't want to have another long wait, so just left. I don't know what's up there>

I must admit...

I must admit...similar things to me, which I didnt put on the thread, we can go on and on. The way Richard's is advertised etc I thought it was going to be a brilliant place, it is well advertised i.e. seems professional to me and what they offer. But the proof is not in the pudding. One of the reasons I went there was because I saw it was advertised very well and I passed the place when I visited the club next to it and thought it would be a great place to eat and even take a friend. Anyway, we learn.

Mind you, having said that dunno if you have been to one of the restaurants in Pattaya (can't remember the name and I wouldn't name it anyway), well, the food is relatively good and I enjoy it and the staff and management always willing to bend over backwards, however, one is always asked by the manager/owner "how was your meal", understandable I suppose, if you say something which he doesn't want to hear, then he goes on the defensive and comes up with an answer which at the end of the day you don't want to hear, (well the reason the chicken was tough was because the cook boiled it in treacle and it set ... - that is an example, he didn't say that but you get the drift), all one wants is the food that one likes, a difficult tall order I know but .... Although not a problem really because there is always a place that you like certain aspects of the food and certain aspects you don't like, you have to weigh them up and decide if you want to eat there again, its personal choice. Generally though it seems to me though you get this sort of "reply" when restaurants are owned privately and one feels almost like crawling under the table when asked "how was your food". But do we feel like that if we make an alleged complaint against some of the corporate joints we visit (I won't name any big names, but you get the drift), we don't feel as guilty we just "complain".

Anyway, I'm going back to Richard's in BKK, I will stick to O'Reillys and the Telephone Bar and Sphinx.

Liked
    Restaurant reviews are very personal but for me Richards just does not hit the mark on food, service or decor. I like Dick's Cafe for food, drinks and service. Sphinx is decent food but on the pricey side. Telephone, I have not been in years but last time I did not like the food at all--it may have improved. I would like to try it again but keep going back to the Balcony, good food, cute waters and decent all around.

I am still waiting for a review of the new place on Soi Twlignt, I don't know the name, opened last week, it's between Hotmale and Boy Bangkok. The decor looks nice, I checked out the menu, lots of items and reasonably priced. I have not had the chance to go yet, anyone?

There was a new Italian restaurant next to the Telephone, Milan. I wanted to try that but it seems to have closed before I got the chance.
    E Dok Tong

OH MY GOD
    People are telling the truth about @Richards

Funny it may be a coincidence but there is a restaurant in boyztown owned by a guy named richard and that's just as bad

Liked
    it's also located in that weird dark, dank sidestreet of a sidestreet. I ate there last year. My massamun beef was kind of fatty and did take a long time to get served. I don't plan to go back. The guys at the counter seemed to be regulars though.

Quote Originally Posted by t42
    Funny it may be a coincidence but there is a restaurant in boyztown owned by a guy named richard and that's just as bad
    I've got a feeling you taking the wet on this board t42. You have made other comments on this board and I bet ten to a dozen you know this restaurant very well indeed.

Whilst I have my complaints about a few things, the food isn't that bad at all. I just find it funny sometimes when one is asked how they want their potatoes. When asked for boiled or even roasted, one literally gets one large boiled potato on their plate. I'm just waiting for the day one asks for a rare steak, I'm expecting a cow on my plate.

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    it's also located in that weird dark, dank sidestreet of a sidestreet. I ate there last year. My massamun beef was kind of fatty and did take a long time to get served. I don't plan to go back. The guys at the counter seemed to be regulars though.
    another one taking the wet!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteThaiBoi
    Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    another one taking the wet!
    I must be thick as a stump, but what is " taking the wet"

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........