Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Gian's Restaurant - another Jomtien fine restaurant

Liked: 1

Gian's Restaurant - another Jomtien fine restaurant

The entrance is reached over a high wedge shaped step into what looks like an aztec temple. Then you turn right into a friendly space with wooden bars at the windows which look like venetian blinds. There is an open area for nicotene addicts and their unfortunate friends. An air conditioned room is pleasant with yellow clad tables and comfortable chairs. Lighting is a tad bright. and the room lacks great charm. There is lots of parking space.

Well trained young Thai ladies wait on. Bread and grissini is served with good olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The menu is shortish but interesting. The opening page is expensive wallet attackingly priced specialities then it settles down to the merely expensive with starters in the 250 - 350 range, pastas about 300 and meat and fish dishes 450 - 750. There is a very short pudding menu. Wines are all Italian and start just uner 1000. Then itтАЩs plus plus.

Food is beautifully presented and on large white plates, elegant but not overfussy. It would be nice if the tables were large enough for the plates. The cooking is assured and skilled. Service is excellent and polite if a touch over-enthusiastic on the wine pouring and 'would you like another bottle'.

I am at a loss to explain the enormous popularity of Italian restaurantds in Thailand as so many of them are not very good. This is a good one, the prices reflect the quality of the ingredients.

Extract from Pattaya Today " Gian's Italian Restaurant on Thappraya Road, Jomtien, auspiciously situated between Bruno's and Indian by Nature. Chef Giovanni, from Naples, has devised an inventive Italian menu with special empghasis on seafood creations. Guido, the proprietor and his charming wife Alma are seasoned restaurateurs.... open daily for lunch and dinner, 038 36 4834"

I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked

A fine restaurant??????

I ate there on April 10 and I had a completely different experience. The service was terrible. No appropriate cutlery, no oil with the bread and it took more than an hours for the main course (a risotto). It was very obvious that the waiters had no training and there was no supervisor who could tell the waiters what to do. And than there is the food: it was very plain and with the exception of one order the presentation was nothings special. It took us 1.45 hours for a starter and main course with a glass of wine and that for 1000 bath a piece. It cannot compete with Buno's and Mata Hari

:blackeye:

Thanks for the skinny on that. Resto reviews in Pattaya press are NEVER to be trusted. It is a horse head town, which means that if you publish a bad review, expect a horse head on your bed.