Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend Sick, Need Help

Liked

Boyfriend Sick, Need Help

I was going to add "Send Money" to the heading, but it's not about that. Beloved is very sick in a hospital in Si Racha. His cousin, who informed me, said he couldn't tell me in English what was wrong with him. He said "Like malaria, but not malaria." I suspect it might be dengue fever, but cousin didn't know that term. He said he asked people at the hospital for the name in English but they didn't know (which is a little troubling in itself). Apparently BF is in an isolation room--would a dengue patient require that? Can anyone tell me the Thai name for dengue fever, with phonetic pronunciation? I know the disease is prevalent in Thailand now, and BF had been home to Khon Kaen a week or so before he got sick. Cousin tells me not to worry, and that BF will be out of the hospital in 4 or 5 days. I don't think his condition is life-threatening and there's not much I can do from 10,000 miles away, but naturally I'm concerned. I'd feel a little better if I knew for sure what was wrong with him. Any helpful advice?

Phone the hospital

Liked
    Dengue = khai saa

not wishing to alarm you but

dysentery = rohk bit
    gastroenteritis = rohk kraphaw ak-sehp
    influenza = khai wat yai
    pneumonia = rohk pawt ak-sehp

but

indigestion = ahaan mai yawy

Why not ask the cousin to tell you the Thai name and we can guess again!
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

chicken pox + ee sook ee sai

Beriberi = neb-sha

Diphtheria = Khaw-teep

Encephalitis = Samong akseb

Mumps = Khang thoum

Rabies = Roke klua-narm :grommit:

TB = Wanna-roke

Varicose Veins = Sen leuad khord

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Anything (Thai) for bald fat old cunts?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Rak-si-am

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by both-hans
    Rak-si-am
    back to Thai language school for you both-hans..

it's actually : hom-in-tern

#these boys do get sick at times..why don't you ring the hospital and arrange to pay the bill.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

The hospital may not / should not tell you - as Sen Yai suggested, ask the cousin, get him to ask a doctor the English name, or check when he will be in the hospital next visiting your friend, call him when he is there, and then speak to one of the staff.

If he will be out in 4 or 5 days it could be dengue fever, as that lasts about a week, but it could be something totally different; he may be in ICU, not isolation - or both!

Guessing is pointless.

Liked

And The Winner Is

I just spoke to BF's cousin. t42 was apparently on the mark with "ee sook ee sai"--chicken pox. BF, happily, is feeling better and should come home Saturday. Many thanks to all who tried to help.