Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Shenanigans in Sunee

Shenanigans in Sunee

Experienced Sunee Plaza watchers will be enthralled by the latest late night bout of inter bar arguments. On two occasions police have been called to calm down various groups of drunken Germans who have spent drinking time exchanging insults across the soi from one bar to another.
    These involve Bar A, new, german owned, nicely decorated and famous for hardly ever having any customers, and Bar B, old, established, slightly seedy, popular with expats and teenagers and almost always full every night.
    The german bar has got the usual support from other german presences within the Plaza although many have asked why one in particular would want to get involved, bearing in mind his record back in Germany. Much better he keeps cooking potatoes.
    Fortunately, the last two nights have been calm. However, the Bar A remains empty and Bar B, last night anyway, didnt have a seat free. Lets hope sanity returns and nothing further is done to dent high season fun.
    Seriously, the golden rule in business is if you are a farang, then dont pick an argument with a Thai. They have all the aces.

Liked

Achtung!

(It's never boring in Sunee!)

Hans und Franz de zipper dem mouths elsen der Thai polizei comen und senden zie to der hoosegow!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dangerous game..

It is a dangerous game to pit the Germans against the Thais or the French or any other national group.
    As a customer of Crazy Pub, it is incorrect to state that they have no customers. It is a friendly bar
    with nice hosts, a tad too fem for my tastes but a comfortable place to sit for a drink and watch the
    pre-teen scene across the tiny soi.
    I have heard the German owner loudly talking with his bf and it seems he is a tempermental man subject
    to loud outbursts but he could easily be English or French.

There have been other posting targeting the German owners of other bars and restaurants.
    Stirring the nationalism cauldron of hate is a very dangerous game.

I have no idea what the problem is but doubt the owner's nationalities are a factor. :cat:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh I thought it was a new bar

Shenanigans.

A German with a record back home??..surely not.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: dangerous game..

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    It is a dangerous game to pit the Germans against the Thais or the French or any other national group.
    Agreed, but I would think much more dangerous against the Thais than any of the others.

As a customer of Crazy Pub, it is incorrect to state that they have no customers. It is a friendly bar with nice hosts, a tad too fem for my tastes but a comfortable place to sit for a drink and watch the
    pre-teen scene across the tiny soi.
    I agree Cat, when I had more time than I currently have, I used to enjoy sitting there and having a drink myself, although I am amazed at your other comments. They have a "pre-teen scene across the tiny soi"? Oh My Buddha.

I have no idea what the problem is but doubt the owner's nationalities are a factor. :cat:
    I don't think so either Cat. Before leaving town for a few days lasy Saturday night, I saw a group outside the two bars in question exchanging blows. However, all those involved were farangs, although and I have no idea what nationality they were, or what the argument was about.

I hope that this type of nonsense ceases soon, if in fact, it it hasn't already done so.

George.